Ostrich Pic, need some C & C

WhineAndDine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ostrich.jpg

have at it

:lol: hahaha....it looks funny but the picture itself is great.. except the watermark was little distracting...may be you can make it a little smaller(?)

I have to say I never realized Ostriches had such long eyelashes. They seem very expressive. ;-)

did i mention it looks my roommate ...sorry i had to post again....

nice pic!

i gotta tell you...i didnt realize just how intimidating those things are until i saw one at a private farm in college...i was there to rescue a poorly treated ferret, and the guy says "you wanna see something cool?"
um YEAH of course i do lol...
so i follow him out to the barn wondering if this is going to turn into deliverence, and he opens these double-doors...this giant raptor thing comes tromping out...i had to back up a bit...

ya they are honestly terrifying. i fed them, and i was expecting them to gracefully bow down to eat the food from the bowl i was holding........ oh no, nothing of the sort.

they eyeball the food and then suddenly snap their head down like a snake.

nightmare inducing.

I'd really like if I could see more detail on the eyes. I think this would have worked better with a portrait orientation and maybe more neck, too. Cute bird, though!

stella i agree portrait would have been better. i had only a wide angle lens on i was right in front of him, maybe 2 or 3 feet away, he was busy eating, when he finally raised his head, i had one second to take the shot. after that he ran into the field. this was the nicest looking one out of all of em. the rest were pretty disheveled.

I have to agree that this would be an excellent shot if the eyes were in focus.

is it a matter of sharpness, or clarity? i feel like the eyes are too dark.

They look sharp to me, just not as well lit as they could be.

i have this one too (of the female), but unfortunately her edges are all blown to hell. its sharp though ...grins smugly....

IMG_7186.jpg

I like her better.

Most reactions

Back