OT: rant

mavrik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mattantonino.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ya know what bugs me about this site sometimes (and I love this site, so don't get me too wrong)? I hate when I reply to something and it gets wholly, completely ignored. Not "good shot" cuz that should be ignored...but more thoughtful posts, re-edits on someone's shot, etc.

This isn't a new issue. I edited something up for someone about 6 months ago and they totally never ever came back to reply to it and I just felt like I wasted my time. I mention it now because I did it again recently and was again just ......

nothin.

*shrug*
The vast majority of people here make the time spent worthwhile! :D

M

I can see what yah mean mate, but I doubt its anything to be malicous, and that there are so many posts going at one time, by the time you post, someone else has already started to post, so dont see your post, nd cut right through you :(

Still, its a shame to hear that mate :)

mavrik said:
Ya know what bugs me about this site sometimes (and I love this site, so don't get me too wrong)? I hate when I reply to something and it gets wholly, completely ignored. Not "good shot" cuz that should be ignored...but more thoughtful posts, re-edits on someone's shot, etc.

This isn't a new issue. I edited something up for someone about 6 months ago and they totally never ever came back to reply to it and I just felt like I wasted my time. I mention it now because I did it again recently and was again just ......

nothin.

*shrug*

M

Welcome to the internet. This is not limited to this site alone.

mavrik said:

nothin.

*shrug*

M

Huh? waddya say?
Just kidding....don't give up, people are busy and it's easy to forget.

hmm I feel a bit sorry about arti :) Sometimes he writes something to me on MSN and he gets no response. Why? I just leave my comp on forthe whole day and when it comes night I turn it off... and the next day I forget about him :p Sorry mate.

But according to the topic. I saw the same situation but then I posted quite an interesting shot and people here gave me about 17 replies. And then everything started :) I mean... then they realised that my opinions exist:) sorry... just kidding...:)
but I know what are you talking about and I have no idea how to and what advice to give you :)

It's the same with every forum. When you post a lot people get to know you, how to take what you say and know what sort of reply to give to you. All the time before that they'll read what you have to say, but either not know what to do with it or how to reply to you.
Then you have the other possibilities. Maybe your post wasn't as interesting to them as it was to you. So they've felt no urge to reply. Or they may have missed it.

It happens to all of us. But the more you post the less you notice.

Unless we're talking about a post where you've helped someone and they've ignored you. In that case it's just rude.

Yeah I was kind of talking about people posting questions about editing pics or whatnot. I'm over it, and I'm glad to have gotten a reply in here. lol I don't know how many posts I have (looking) about 150 on here, so I guess that's not many with all the members we have. Plus I come and go a bit, so that could be it.

Anyways, thanks for letting me vent. I just felt frustrated that I bothered, ya know? It's all good - I like contributing and will definitely continue to do my best.

I think it would have been funny if no one replied to this. (Sorry - but you have to admit - it would have been)... Well.. I suppose only to me maybe...

Okay - maybe not then...

Anyway - I read things - and I always wanna reply. But I am always just SO tired! and I just dont have the energy to reply. and then I talk ****. and nothing i say makes sense. and i say stupid things that no one really wants to know about... Like what I did at work today (incase you were wondering - not a lot)...

Get my point?

(oh - and i found the watch this topic turns off if you reply...)

I absolutelly stop bothering about that Mavrik, you know one time i got really pissed....hehehhehe, cause's i made a critique on a photo in the critique section, the person who posted the pic kinda listen to everyone who reply except me, well of course i didnt like it but then i thought why bother with that.....

Like Geronimo said:
Welcome to the internet. This is not limited to this site alone.

Lula said:
.. cause's i made a critique on a photo in the critique section, the person who posted the pic kinda listen to everyone who reply except me, well of course i didnt like it but then i thought why bother with that.....

That happens a lot to me, too...I must have an unusual idea of what a good photo is :lol:

I understand how you feel, Mavrik...if you put a lot of time and thought into making a critique of someone's work it's nice to know that they at least noticed. It's hard coming into a larger site, I very nearly left my first week because I posted several photos and got no replies at all. I'm glad I stayed though, because like you said most of the users here make the time spent very worthwhile!

Darfion said:
Hey, these lot ignore me all the time. They even ignore my avatar :?

[waits for the inevitable -no reply]

Well as no one else has replied (not even Darfion, who I thought would) I guess I may aswell :roll:

Artemis said:
Darfion said:
Hey, these lot ignore me all the time. They even ignore my avatar :?

[waits for the inevitable -no reply]

Well as no one else has replied (not even Darfion, who I thought would) I guess I may aswell :roll:
You just beat me to it. I was just about to go into a mini rant of my own when i realised you'd replied.

Most reactions

Back