Other birds or water fowl

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We saw these cranes feeding on the field every night we came past and on the last Andreas finally stopped for me to try and sneak up on them, but they were too skittish ... but I still like this "take off sequence" (which is, in fact, three different birds taking off):

179043534.jpg

Does anyone know the name of this kind of duck?

179043483.jpg

Heehee, my son was fishing while I took these photos and see who made the catch of the day? What are these called in English?

179043550.jpg

Are these called "coot"?

Mama and Chick

179051156.jpg

179051151.jpg

Love #2, fantastic light and I love the lilypads and the reflections in the water :D

Thanks for telling me the bird's names ... a grebe is "Haubentaucher" in my language, and coot is "Blesshuhn". A bit different, those names, aren't they? ;)
And thanks for your comments, too.
I made a cropped version for you, Hoppy, but can't seem to open Picturetrail right now, the site is not responding, so we must wait until you can see it, ok?

So, Picturetrail's back up, so here's the cropped version of the cranes' starting sequence for Hoppy:

179229647.jpg

I did not want to crop in any closer, or had you expected me to?

I like 2 best here..... great series tho :thumbup:

A big thumbs up from me

yes 4 and 5 are coots :) I learned this word from other TPF members heheheeee
cool pics :D :D

Great shots.
#2 is most likely a female wood duck..the only other duck i can think of would be a female mandarin duck...but you shot this in germany? if so, the wood duck is the most likely candidate

Most reactions

Back