Other forums.

terri said:
I think it takes guts for some of our newer photographers to even post one of their images.

This is a very good point. Like I said when I posted this thread, my goal was to just learn from reading crits of other people's work. PM's would do me no good, as I'm not good enough to post in the critiques threads.

If a noobie is posting in the crit forum, and obviously doesn't have a feel for it yet, you could just direct them to general in a nice way. I'm not saying it has to get abusive at all, but I think that some people, (as they have admitted in this thread) hold back to spare feelings. There is nothing wrong with people telling it how it is, especially if both parties have been around a while. Just my .02 cents.

nitefly said:
forums.jpg

There is a screenshot of my forums tab on my favourites toolbar! I visit quite alot! Except from RawMusicians.com, which I own, they're all there! They descend, starting from the top, in order of farouritism :thumbup:

Just made my first post on RawMusicians.com. So far, so good. Thanks!

aprilraven said:
i just have noticed that some people think art is a technical thing, and something that follows rules.... art is very eclectic....and very much a personal and opinionated form of self expression....

I once had my music theory professor give me this analogy, and I'll never forget it as I am now a golfer and a musician.

There were two golfers. One that had been playing two years with no lessons, and another that had been playing 9 months with weekly lessons. The player that had been playing the 2 years was always in the trees and in the water and always in the rough.

The player of nine months asked the other player, why he didn't take lessons. The guy replied, "I'm just here for fun. I don't need to get all serious about it. I'm just out for the exercise and the scenery."

The second player said, "I'm just here for the scenery fun and excercise, too. But if I want to look at a tree on the right side of the fairway, I hit it there. If I want to look at a tree on the left, that's where I hit it."

Art is too much like this scenario. Without technical background, you can get there. It will just take a lot longer. The masters of breaking the rules to create art are the ones that know the rules best.

Or not. Whatever.

Most reactions

Back