Ouch! Poor pinky

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On my this morning's tour on rollerblades I took a bit of a fall during which I tried to catch myself on a street sign ... and somehow something happend to my left pinky finger, it is all swollen and bruised now and doesn't look too good - and it hurts!

ArmerPinky01.jpg

ArmerPinky02.jpg

(The overall skin colour of the back of my hand is just vitiligo, that is harmless, but just see the size and colours of my little - little???? Har-har - finger). :cry:

But the x-rays ( see_here_if_you_want_to )show there is no damage to the bone, so all I must do now is ... erm ... probably NOT type, heehee, but ...! ... let it heal all by itself.

Oh my! I am glad to hear nothing is broken but that is alot of bruising and swelling. Hope it heals soon and that we see you on TPF just as often as usual after it is fully back to normal.

I hope so, too, though for the time being I get the feeling it is swelling up even more (and by now 12 hours and a bit have passed since I had that unfamous encounter with the street sign), see here - this pic was taken only minutes ago:

ArmerPinky03.jpg

But the doc says it is all right and will heal all by itself, so I shall believe him and hope for the best.

I was just looking at the pictures you took when you mentioned your fall! :shock:

That does look very painful - have you been icing it at all? Would help keep the swelling down. :thumbup: And a little antiinflammatory medication wouldn't hurt, either.

Hope it feels better soon. :)

I held the hand up all day and iced like mad only to find it is even worse --- but soon the bruise will flow into the hand, I am just sure, then the swelling and pain will go ... and the doc said no to the antiinflammatory medication. I asked him specifically and he said it'd all be useless. Hm - well.

LaFoto said:
I held the hand up all day and iced like mad only to find it is even worse --- but soon the bruise will flow into the hand, I am just sure, then the swelling and pain will go ... and the doc said no to the antiinflammatory medication. I asked him specifically and he said it'd all be useless. Hm - well.
:scratch: hmmm, well, okay then. Just go straight for the heavy narcotics to kill the pain. :lol:

WOW Corinna, That looks really impressive! (but painfull :( )

I can bash my finger/thumb with a hammer at work & just get an aching digit! No impressive bruising like that to show anyone! :x

Hope it's all OK & the pain doesn't last too long or get any worse.:hug::

oh my... that must have been painful! i hope you'll be all right soon! :D

Well, the pinky is still twice its size in width and purple and green in places, but it feels a lot better and I am actually back to typing in MY way, i.e. with all ten fingers involved, including that pinky, OF COURSE. And it no longer hurts that much (I could not use it for typing when it first happened on Friday and all during yesterday). So I am clearly on the mend. Good! :D

Those pictures remind me of when I jammed my fingers in basketball a few times. Never fun. Glad you are doing better.

Yes, I hear this is a very common sort of injury for those who play handball, basketball or volleyball, mostly so basketball. That, or playing "hit the street sign just right", though I no longer recall HOW my finger hit it. :wink:

LaFoto said:
Yes, I hear this is a very common sort of injury for those who play handball, basketball or volleyball, mostly so basketball. That, or playing "hit the street sign just right", though I no longer recall HOW my finger hit it. :wink:

Well, see! Now you know that it is a silly game to play and probably won't try playing it again! :D

Most reactions

Back