No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_6373.jpg

Nice picture stk.

If you turned out the light and did a long exposure what would it be like

If you turned out the light and did a long exposure what would it be like

This. I would love to see the foreground light painted from an angle off to the side to add some drama to the light, as well as some star trails in the sky.

Solid shot. But there is soooo much artistic potential here begging to get used.

Thanks for C&C.

I have never tried to photograph star trails. How long exposure do I need?

To get the light from the side is not so easy without help or a remote trigger as I used my head lamp to light the foreground.

I think the sky will clear up again this evening, so maybe I can try a new shot.

Dont get to ahead of yourself in the beginning. Just put the camera in the same place firstly, I assume you have a tripod. Do more or less the same as what you did before except turn off auto focus once the house is focus and switch off the headlights.

You should put your camera in manual mode.
Try 10 second shutter speed, play increasing or decreasing the time, you can go up to thirty seconds at least.
Maybe use a flashlight and trace it around the house for a shorttime whilst the camera is taken the shot.
If you can move to a place that has less tress in front of the house afterward try that.

I like it just the way it is. What a beautiful place.

Thanks.

It got cloudy the next night, so no new attempts. I did however manage a test shot (different location) just to check for exposure time, and even with a shutter speed of 178 seconds the star trails were not even close to...well...anything.
DSC_6916.jpg

Is there by the way any limit to how long shutter speed a camera handle before overheating (or anything else bad will happen)?

Last edited:
Thanks.

It got cloudy the next night, so no new attempts. I did however manage a test shot (different location) just to check for exposure time, and even with a shutter speed of 178 seconds the star trails were not even close to...well...anything.
View attachment 153270

Is there by the way any limit to how long shutter speed a camera handle before overheating (or anything else bad will happen)?

on some tutorial clips they say that the sensor gets hot, I dont know what truth is in that though. The foreground in the above works I think if you get a nice shot of the big dipper in there or if a section of milkyway core if its doable it might be worth it. Above 20 seconds roughly is when startrails appear so maybe keep the exposure time down to get a background im talking of.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back