Our County Courthouse (at night)

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I was asked by my boss and supervisor to get a photo of the courthouse for a publication/article that might be getting printed somewhere. I willingly offered for no charge....anyway I thought I'd post the 2 shots that I took tonight.

First shot is my favorite and the one I'm gonna send to the guy

2009-01-28_7.jpg

2009-01-28_4.jpg

If you see any changes I can make (mainly in my post processing since I don't plan to reshoot this), then please mention. If you like it the way it is...please mention it to so I know where it stands before sending it on it's way. I don't normally do this type of photography so not really sure how it looks.

The pink snow (from the street lights) gives it a sweet, softened look ;).
I agree, I'd give away the first out of these two, too. The long exposure makes the flags seem to go all wild, which is a distraction in the second and a much minor one in the first where the flags almost disappear out of the left side of your frame.
But then I'm not one into building photography (other than for fun, and if for fun, nothing really matters...), so I might not be the true expert you were hoping for.

The pink snow (from the street lights) gives it a sweet, softened look ;).
I agree, I'd give away the first out of these two, too. The long exposure makes the flags seem to go all wild, which is a distraction in the second and a much minor one in the first where the flags almost disappear out of the left side of your frame.
But then I'm not one into building photography (other than for fun, and if for fun, nothing really matters...), so I might not be the true expert you were hoping for.

I appreciate the comments. I agree about the flags. Unfortunately that's something I didn't realize until I was back home.....otherwise I could have probably gone with a wide open aperture and closer to 1 second exposure instead of the f/11-f/113 and 5 second exposure. Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts and confirming the first being the best.

I like the 1st one. It really pops out at me compared to the 2nd. The flag blur also takes away from the 2nd. I like the angle the 1st one was taken in.

that is a nice picture..

Thanks for the comments. I went ahead and sent him the first along with a nice daytime picture so he can decide between them. I also really like how the moon is barely visible in the first one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back