Our Dark Saviour

Do'Urden's Eyes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A church in toronto ontario called St Mary's which recent celebrated 500 years of existence. This is what i was told, it seems a little old and i dont know how accurate that is.

After spending two hours in the editing room on this photo i realized its slightly off centre:grumpy: So until i get back there and use a tripod this is what it is, any comments and suggestions are encouraged.

SMfinal.jpg

Good shot..very dramatic............

Picked up most all the detail in the old stonework............:thumbup:

detail is kick ass on that bldg. GREAT SHOT!!

Nice shot ... dont worry: is hard to see is not exactly centered

Thanks guys, its good to hear that my hard work and reading is finally starting to pay off. The detail in the building i have to attribute a lot to my new lens and enhanced a bit more in post.

Thanks again guys, i know its not the most original shot in the world but im at that stage where i like to recreate certain styles to see which one suits me best. After some other comments in another forum asking me to darken up the clouds a bit here is another edit:

BroodingSM.jpg

I don't know if i like it the same, it seems a bit too over dramatic. But apparently i never got the drama across strongly in the original.

:thumbup::thumbup:​
Diggin the edit. Hey, Doors Open Toronto is coming up in a few weeks. I wonder if this one will be open. Some of the others over on Church street let you go up in the bell tower...now that is a trip. :D
This would also be cool to try with the old city hall building, since the put the gargoyles back up. :D

Thanks Chiller. I had actually never even heard of open doors toronto before, it sounds pretty cool and i'm definitely going to check it out.

Thanks Chiller. I had actually never even heard of open doors toronto before, it sounds pretty cool and i'm definitely going to check it out.
There is little blub on it here.
Doorsopen

I have been going since it started. A few years back, the Don Jail was open. But many of the buildings you cant get into are open, some with guided tours, some self guided. It is worth checking out, cause you can get some really cool shots, especially inside some of the churches. Some places do not allow photography, so just ask one of the people there. They are cool with it.
Also biking it, is the best way to go. :thumbup::thumbup:

I really like this photo, very dramatic, especially the second one with the darkened clouds.

Is there any chance you could tell us the EXIF data?

Cheers,
Jamie

ISO: 100
24mm
F/8.0
1/125 sec
no flash

taken with the 24-105 F/4L IS
Its the same exposure (one darkened one lighter) on two diff photoshop layers

Yeah i'm definitely going to check out the open doors this year if im still in town for that. Thanks chiller. Do you know when it begins? That site doesn't seem to specify other than waiting for the weekend star to come out...

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back