our new logo

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by agompert, Dec 3, 2009.

1. agompert

agompert TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    tell me what you think :) I'm super excited about it.

[​IMG]

2. IgsEMT

IgsEMT No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    nice, though if it wouldn't be for your signature, I wouldn't be able to read the first line :)

3. William Petruzzo

William Petruzzo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It does look nice, but I have to agree. I didn't make it down to the signature as quickly and stared for a few seconds trying to figure out what the first line said.

4. agompert

agompert TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's actually the logo pic for the first page of my website... so I figured if you're already ON the website, the words wouldnt necessarily NEED to be legible. Does that make sense? or am I just crazy ... LOL

I did think about it tho when I was making it. and you are correct. it's hard to make out. but since it was going up on my site, I figured I could sacrifice legibility to pure AWESOMENESS!!!!!! [[bahahah jk]]

5. photographylover

photographylover TPF Noob!

I'm not a fan to be completely honest. I think it's an awesome picture, but not as a logo. The logo shouldn't include a picture of a real person in my opinion.

6. CWN

CWN TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Logos should always be legible in my opinion... unless you're big where everyone just knows (Coca Cola, 3M, Nikon, Cosmo, etc), that's the only time you can get away with it.

7. icassell

icassell TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Just curious -- why not? I would think it's a good thing, especially if the business photographs people.

I agree with the above comments about the obscured name, but I guess it works as a web logo.

8. William Petruzzo

Photos OK to edit
    I think household brands can get away with obscuring their name because it's already bouncing around in people's heads. Like Time Magazine can put someone's head over their name because we all know what it is.

But with smaller brands, I suspect it's easy for people to forget what they're seeing. Especially if they land on your page through a portal that doesn't demand too much attention from the viewer. Like if they're reading a blog that links to your site. There's a good chance that if they click the link they're not going to the site knowing what they're getting, they're going wondering what's there.

Just a thought. While it looks cool, I think you'd do well to redesign so the text is mostly legible.

9. agompert

agompert TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    in most cases yes, but its rewritten right above the image as well :) check it out to see what I mean

10. William Petruzzo

Photos OK to edit
    Yes, I did get a look at it before. Speaking just for myself, I move through the web quickly and I probably wouldn't have spent the time to put two and two together. I would more likely just move on to a website I didn't have to read into.

That's me, but others may think differently.