Our trip to Algonquin Provincial Park

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
took an extra day off last week, and treked to one of Canada's most famous parks... Algonquin... I spent a lot of time racing around looking for moose, and was lucky to see/shoot some with my camera!

here goes...

1 Spruce Grouse
DSC_4578w.jpg

2 Gray jay
DSC_4704w.jpg

DSC_4861w.jpg

4 Moose encounter
DSC_4773w.jpg

5 Female Spruce grouse
DSC_1149w.jpg

6 Pileated Woodpecker
DSC_1214w.jpg

7 some Scenery
DSC_1275w.jpg

DSC_1277w.jpg

thanks for looking, we are gone until next Monday on another camping adventure, hope for some nice birds to see and photograph.

best to all.

Nice captures - got to say my favourites are numbers three and five - probably to do with the bokeh.

Oh Ray, what a great bunch of photos from Algonquin! As always, your bird pictures are super crisp and well composed. How thrilling to see the moose! And that first scenery shot is absolutely gorgeous. 2, 3, 5 and 7 of this series are my faves (yeah, I really narrowed it down eh?)

wow, some nice images here!

And, well, I know there are probably many spots simlar in Algonquin, but I really think I remember 7 and 8 ... I mean the way the rocks are arranged in 7 and the vegetation pattern and water in 8 ....

What another wonderful series!
My favorite is #2, the way its framed (and posing) makes it very striking to me.

(Ray, you said you were going camping again until today...was it Algonquin again? Bet you have some great scenery shots with the coloured leaves....)

(Ray, you said you were going camping again until today...was it Algonquin again? Bet you have some great scenery shots with the coloured leaves....)

No, we went south this time, to Turkey Point Provincial Park, spent most of the weekend working on some woodpeckers... Hope to get my editing done tomorrow night.

We might head up to Algonquin this weekend though.

Every time I see your photos...I swear out loud and shake my head. Your birds are fan-freaking-tastic.

You should come out west and spend some time in Elk Island National Park...I'd even help carry your gear ;)

Another spot you might like is the Grey Lodge Wildlife Area, in Northern California. My Grandfather was in charge there for a few decades and is largely responsible for it's success. He even put together a book about it.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
OMG those birds are gorgeous! Beautiful and awesome is all I can say! :hail:

Thanks Daan, Mike, and Anita, your comments are too cool... Mike, I wish I could afford to head west to these places, but we are drained, and limited to maybe a cheap Florida trip this winter., Some day I will retire, and do nothing but travel and shoot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back