Out birding: First time spotted an Oriental white eye!

Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I knew I'd be busy for a while, and away from photography stuff for a month or two so I went all guns blazing and spent 6 hours trying to find this bird(Oriental white-eye) that I've always wanted to photograph and was awarded with a bonus with the Green bee eater and the blue tailed bea eater. This was the first time I've ever seen these two birds, and I had to go pretty deep into the national park to find them. Of course my 70-300 was too short for them, so I had to use my SX50 for the tiny beauties; but I'll take what I get till I can buy a 600mm :345:.. I've thrown in a few bonuses from the D7K to even things out :)

#1. Male Indian Peafowl

Male Indian Peafowl by Raj Dasgupta, on Flickr

#2. The laughing Buddha

Laughing Buddha by Raj Dasgupta, on Flickr

#3. Angry Cocktiel

Cocktiel by Raj Dasgupta, on Flickr

#4. Zebra Finch

Australian Zebra Finch by Raj Dasgupta, on Flickr

#5. White Zebra Finch

White Zebra Finch by Raj Dasgupta, on Flickr

And now the real fun begins :1219: (sorry for the poor quality):

#6. Oriental White Eye doing a spiderman

19278681719_130ab68c33_z_d.jpg

#7. Oriental White Eye

19469571711_b9cf2d0c9e_z_d.jpg

#8. A Close Up

19277695950_147cb6bfef_z_d.jpg

#9. Green Bee Eater

19469383461_4eddc4a430_z_d.jpg

#10. Green Bee Eater

19277603288_6b23cc5f56_z_d.jpg

#11. Blue tailed Bee Eater

19279072439_4aa6b5a389_z_d.jpg

Great set, Raj. Much appreciated, as I have never seen most of them.

Nice set of pics.

The only thing I spot when out birding is sparrows

Very nice set of images. I always find it interesting to see the variety of birds that abound in other parts of the world.

WesternGuy

Beautiful Raj. #6 is awesome.

very cool looking birds.

Great set all of them.

Great photos raj! You were greatly rewarded by your persistence to find these birds! I can only imagine how fast you started taking photos once you saw the oriental white eyes! I really like the white ring around their eye. Are their whole eyelids white as well? It's fascinating how they hang from the branch like that.

Well done and I like that Oriental White Eye. Was inspired to look them up and wow there are eleven subspecies.

Nice set Raj.... I like #4....
Thanks jkzo! What's your real name btw? I was always curious :)
Great set, Raj. Much appreciated, as I have never seen most of them.
Thanks Brian! :)
Nice set of pics.

The only thing I spot when out birding is sparrows
Thanks Klaesser, I had to go pretty deep in the jungles before they honoured my wish! :)
Very nice set of images. I always find it interesting to see the variety of birds that abound in other parts of the world.

WesternGuy
Thanks Westernguy! :)

Beautiful Raj. #6 is awesome.
Thanks Barb! That's my fav too, these birds are surprisingly agile! :)

very cool looking birds.
Yes they are very unique!
Great set all of them.
Thanks Dave! :)

Great photos raj! You were greatly rewarded by your persistence to find these birds! I can only imagine how fast you started taking photos once you saw the oriental white eyes! I really like the white ring around their eye. Are their whole eyelids white as well? It's fascinating how they hang from the branch like that.
Thanks Jimmerjamma, actually even though I spent hours tracking the white-eyes they stayed around me for almost 15 minutes, so I had time to take proper shots. The bee eaters though, they run if they spot you from a mile away! No, their eyelids are black, but the white around the eyes is really cool! :)

Very nice indeed. #2 is my favorite
Thanks Woodsman! :)

Nice set! Love the peacock!
Thanks BrickHouse :)

Well done and I like that Oriental White Eye. Was inspired to look them up and wow there are eleven subspecies.
Thanks Donde, and I didn't know that either! :lol:

Thanks jkzo! What's your real name btw? I was always curious :)

Most reactions

Back