Out-house

Toni Marie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm sure glad that I don't have to use that bathroom.
Enjoy the picture and tell me what you think of it.
Thanks.

IMG_2508resized.jpg

that's looks decrepit alright.

What about cropping out the trunk on the right? I find I focus more on the outhouse without the tree.... though the tree does make it look like it's a creepy path to the loo.

doesn't have enough pop. if you had been at a different distance the tree could have been used to help accent the outhouse, or you could have taken it out all together. also you dont have good tonal range. you have lots of greys, very little pure whites and blacks.

I also agree with Mike on all points, especially about not having a good tonal range.

a big problem with digital cameras is getting true black and white photographs. you really do need to do work on it in post processing to get true tonal range. It can really help an image and give it a totally different feel.

a big problem with digital cameras is getting true black and white photographs. you really do need to do work on it in post processing to get true tonal range. It can really help an image and give it a totally different feel.

What helped me is that I started on B&W film exclusively. Learned a lot about tonal range.

Are you using Photoshop to do the conversion?

Is this better I hope so. Thanks for the input.

IMG_2508resized1.jpg

much better, looks a lil towards the blacks which is okay if thats the look you were going for. gives it a more "creepy" feel and taking out the tree helps a lot and pull your eye directly to your main subject

Hey, here is another picture of the outhouse

IMG_2509resized.jpg

These are all flat. There's not white in any of these, just gray, more gray, and black.

The clack of contrast doesn't make them very interesting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back