"Out of all the photos we took, that's all you got?"

I've only done a few free things for people, but nothing like this has ever happened to me.

Possibly, and this is why I am remarking here since you might find it useful, it's because I'm always clear that this is my show. I am borrowing you to make some photos. I might give you some prints some time in the future. Or not. It's my show. Thanks for standing there modeling for me so I can take photos for myself, I really appreciate it!

(this, incidentally, is one reason I don't do it for money -- it's pretty hard to charge people for maybe some prints of my choosing at some indeterminate time in the future, maybe, and that's the only way I can take photos of people, so).

... but I just told them I edited what I thought were the best photos and I'll just send them the rest as well.
Don't, just don't do what they want. They weren't especially nice to you, why would you be especially nice to them?

Mostly it's just so I don't have to deal with them ever again (hopefully) lol

Did that...didn't help. The guy even had the audacity to "apologize" and then tell me that just for future reference I should plan on giving ALL the pictures to people to pick out at their convenience/leisure/for their purposes.

I almost slapped him.
I've noticed in photography as in other fields that I've done business in, the lower the price the more ridiculous the customer expectations.
The higher the price, the more inline expectations are.

Maybe tell him the first 20 are free.
after that it's $50 an electronic picture file
otherwise, he can have another photographer do it for them (after the fact)
Yeah, that's going to be my policy going forward...in this case, I gave them the ones I was comfortable letting go and just told them that was it. It's in the past but the relationship is damaged, and I'm now jaded and cynical about helping out friends with stuff like this...I guess I'll chalk it up to their immaturity, lessons learned for me and move on.

OP: I guess that's all that we can do. Learn the obnoxious lesson and figure out what to do so we don't get "burned" next time.

I don't know if it's the insults or the irrelevance that irritates me more.

Oh, it's always sarcasm. Ha ha just joking. Ha ha. That makes it OK right? LOL.

Well you shouldn't have taken so many crappy shots and be more selective

More great advice from the guy whose claim to fame is circlejerking to Leica and taking grainy shots of beer.

Classic gsgary.

Any chance there was sarcasm there from gsgary?

I can never tell. Sometimes he's earnestly rude and sometimes he's very vaguely sarcastic. Maybe it's that dry British humor, but if it is, it doesn't convey very well over the Internet.

More great advice from the guy whose claim to fame is circlejerking to Leica and taking grainy shots of beer.

Classic gsgary.

I can never tell. Sometimes he's earnestly rude and sometimes he's very vaguely sarcastic. Maybe it's that dry British humor, but if it is, it doesn't convey very well over the Internet.
that's why sarcasm / humor should always be followed by these things .... :1219: :76: :1247: :aufsmaul: :bouncingsmileys: :BangHead: :beguiled: :boogie: :cokespit:

Classic gsgary.

that's why sarcasm / humor should always be followed by these things .... :1219: :76: :1247: :aufsmaul: :bouncingsmileys: :BangHead: :beguiled: :boogie: :cokespit:

lol Yeah pretty much. I always try to add enough hyperbole in my e-sarcasm that it can only be misconstrued by the densest of people. Or use the ;) smiley.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do it. Maybe gsgary should read The Onion more often.

Nobody on here can take a joke

Maybe add a smilie face next time? :) I was giving you the benefit of the doubt but there ha

Classic gsgary.

Agreed. I tend to be a bit dry and sarcastic...so I'm a huge fan of excessive emoticon usage to convey a bit of the emotion.:whip:

Nobody on here can take a joke

You need to learn how to tell a joke before I can take it. Many times when you're sarcastic, you just kind of seem like a troll who doesn't know he's a troll.

Like, I never know if you're serious or not, because there's not much personality in your writing. It's like talking to someone with a flat affect....only on the Internet.

Oh, gary knows he's a troll. He just honestly thinks he's better than everyone else.

Oh, it's always sarcasm. Ha ha just joking. Ha ha. That makes it OK right? LOL.

Yes. And also, you can just add, "I'm just saying!" to anything and that immediately makes it okay to say whatever you just said...For example....

I think that people that do free photoshoots for people and then don't provide ALL the images are heartless, cruel, sociopaths with a complete lack of decency and societal awareness and, as such, they should have their cameras ripped from their freshly mangled hands and smashed repeatedly into the ground until all the king's horses and all the king's men can't put them back together again...I'm just saying!

And, for safety's sake:
:bouncingsmileys::wav::whip::newangel:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Most reactions

Back