Out of Service

Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by Mullen, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Mullen

Mullen TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My dad and I drug this truck out today and I snapped a few photos of it while he went to get his truck and trailer.

Comments and critique are welcome.

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Nice images, however a little mid-tone rich, that is: Too much grey. I'd suggest a contrast boost to get a little more 'mood'. I'm afraid the composition doesn't do a lot for me; these seem more like pictures to record the condition of the truck rather than artistic photographs. I would try things like 3/4 profiles, laying down and shooting up, and maybe some close-up work. Additionally, try not keep the subject quite so centered.

Now, how much do you want for the truck and when can I pick it up?

3. Mullen

Mullen TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks. The truck is sitting in out back yard now, so I may try some of these things. If the wasps don't attack me again, that is.. :x

Heh, my dad sold it about 20 years ago to a family friend. A few months ago the guy told him to come get it.

If it comforts you to know, he has quite a few cars like this. Including a ealry 50's Chevy truck, a couple first gen. Mustangs, and a couple 30-40's Chevy coupes sitting in an abandoned chicken house collecting dust.

4. Coldow91

Coldow91 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The shots are pretty nice but there seems to be a lot of gray and with the hay bales there I think you could have made the composition more interesting.

so if you do go out and shoot again try different angles and the like and you should have some awesome photographs