Out of the game for a while. Looking to upgrade. Help?

Discussion in 'Nikon Cameras' started by Justin TW, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'd buy a used D800 body. It has a similar quality to the D300 bodies. Round eyepiece. Robust build. Nikon's top-tier AF module in the D800 as well. Really reasonable prices now.

• Like Like x 2
  2. cgw

cgw No longer a newbie, moving up!

Shop around for a new D7200. They're going for around C$1000. Works with manual Ai/AiS and AFD and later AFS lenses. Hits a value sweet spot for price/image quality--an excellent all-rounder.

3. ac12

ac12 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You just missed the holiday rebate on the FX D750 + 24-120 for about $1,950 USD.
    I think it is $300 higher now. :apologetic:

Or a D7200 or D7500 if you want to stay with DX.

4. Justin TW

Justin TW TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's still around that price up here in Canada. Changing it to CAD$ it comes to about $2,420.00 CAD for that bundle. :( lol

5. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit

I saw a nice, clean used Nikon D7200 body for $550 today in a camera store display case...a very good price, IMHO. Personally, I like used cameras for the substantial price reductions they give me, compared with new prices. They had a D700 (12-MP, FX) for $450, and a D800 for $995. And that is why I recommended the full-frame D800 as the best "upgrade", especially since your original post stated: "I would love to upgrade to a full frame sensor but also would prefer not to break the bank, mainly because photography isn't my job its just a hobby that I love". PM me and I'll send you the link to some great used camera prices at a store near me.