Outback cattle towns all have an annual Camp Drafting weekend

Ozzie_Traveller

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
G'day all

This weekend we have lobbed into a outback Queensland / northern Oz / town to find it also staging their annual Camp Draft muster. My estimation is that there are about 150 vehicles / horse floats / trucks and well over 500 horses involved, and we're told that some people have travelled over 300km to get here for the event

Friday afternoon and evening + all day Saturday + Sunday till mid afternoon the loud speaker's voices rattled off the players + horses + times and placings, and the music went to midnight each night

1)-

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/1300s x F4,5; ISO-400; lens at 10x zoom / 235mm FFequiv

2)-

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/1300s x F4,5; ISO-400; lens at 13x zoom / 275mm FFequiv

3)-

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/1300s x F6,3; ISO-400; lens at 13x zoom / 275mm FFequiv

4)- a difficult one against the setting sun

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/1300s x F4,2; ISO-400; lens at 5x zoom / 120mm FFequiv

As always, feedback welcome
Phil

Great photo's! I tried to get a few cutting horse shows but they were always inside and not much light.

Great action shots! I know how fast these guys are going, plus cutting in and out - nice work!

Thanks everyone

As the two animals break out from the 'bunker', they are engaged in a very fast figure-8 dance, first left and around the marker then right across the arena to the second marker, before crossing the field and thru a pair of markers being 'the gates'. And all competitors were challenging the fastest times as well

It meant that my zooming went from 300mm+/- back to 100+/- each 3 or 4 seconds as the competitors raced acound the arena. Not an easy task ... thaks yet again to a 'real-qwik' AF-C system :)

Phil

Amazes me that Oz still looks so much like the SW.

Our rodeos are with Cowboys and Vaqueros.
About the same.

Nice shots.

Most reactions

Back