Outdoor/animal photos, C & C?

No thank you?
Last time I do that.

No worries. I didn't get one either :sexywink:

Bitter Jeweler actually has credibility behind what he says. He actually took the time to critique the majority of the photos. You were just unhelpful. On top of being unhelpful you posted poor examples of what to "strive" to, which only in turn added insult to injury.

:thumbup:

I agree too many pics ,but as to your first comment on lenses for portraits I would always go for a long lens to be able to have the background soft and avoid distortion ,big noses etc.

No thank you?
Last time I do that.

No worries. I didn't get one either :sexywink:

Bitter Jeweler actually has credibility behind what he says. He actually took the time to critique the majority of the photos. You were just unhelpful. On top of being unhelpful you posted poor examples of what to "strive" to, which only in turn added insult to injury.

:thumbup:

I appreciate your feedback.

I'm wondering though how my examples are "poor" compared to the OPs under exposed shots.

I understand that any of my given examples do show a better lighting of the subject than the images that were asking for C&C.

Obviously this must be an issue of personal taste.

Please do show me some dog portraits you would suggest to "strive to" so I can believe your credibility.

Most importantly I gave feedback on a fraction of the images that were posted. As the OP appears to know how to expose, I have nothing to add to the other images.

I actually thought that spending more time with the dog to get a good situation (with proper exposure) would be constructive criticism.

Maybe I'm just too far ahead with that suggestion.

Look Ace, I gave you my reasons for why your photos were poor examples. I understand you are in the stock photography crowd (like everyone and their mother), so this may have created your unwarranted pretentious behavior. Learn how to give actual critique, or find your way off of a tall cliff.

No thank you?
Last time I do that.

Thank you x 1000000

As I have mentionned many times (or atleast once) I don't get to post on here much! I'm a senior in highschool and right now that's a little more important.

You're critique was definitely the most helpful/usefull! Thanks again

I wasn't expecting to get so many harsh critiques, but hey I have a backbone, I know how to take it and use it. So thanks everyone who offered constructive criticism.
As for the rude comment, time to move on!

Eventer- I don't appreciate your comment. The fact that you compete does not make you a better rider. The riders were not doing anything dangerous, as the whole point of not wearing sneakers is to avoid getting your feet stuck in the stirrups, and they were not using saddles. I don't see where the problem is, except that they're not wearing helmets, which was probably a once in a lifetime thing for them for the pictures. I compete and by no means think myself better than people who choose to ride bareback with sneakers.
This is completely and totally off subject and I don't want anyone to ever critique people in my pictures again. I asked for critiques on my photographic skills not of my models.

So, in conclusion, hahaha, I will definitely try cutting back on the vignetting. I thought it looked kind of cool on my laptop, but then I went on my desktop and it looked like I did waay too much. I'll be editing on the desktop from now on.

Woops forgot about this post - Well having poorly "dressed" Models ruins the photos. sneakers = YUCK

Im not saying dress up in flash clothes etc but they could have looked alot nicer.

Woops forgot about this post - Well having poorly "dressed" Models ruins the photos. sneakers = YUCK

Im not saying dress up in flash clothes etc but they could have looked alot nicer.

Actually that depends on what look you are going for. I wanted laid back pictures. Like with beach photos, the models look better barefoot. Anyways this topic is getting old and I asked for critiques on my photography skills, not on my models like I already said.

Most reactions

Back