Outdoor lighting and fill flash?

Reaction score
Website
www.rockangelphotography.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok I mostly do outdoor photography, i try to keep my equipment minimal, i use my camera and reflectors...i know that alot of people choose to use an external flash as a fill flash but i just can't see myself doing that...is it wrong to only use the natural light outside?

There's really no absolute 'right' or 'wrong' in that situation. Use whatever light is necessary to get the shot you want. If you want to constrain yourself to natural light for creative reasons, or because you want the challenge, or because the sun came up at 7:31 instead of 7:30:29 this morning, that's OK.

Nothing is wrong unless it is illegal or harms your self or another. Free yourself from constraints and shoot. I love shooting available light, AND my 580exii will be here monday.

-Shea

Nothing is wrong unless it is illegal or harms your self or another. Free yourself from constraints and shoot. I love shooting available light, AND my 580exii will be here monday.

-Shea

I just prefer shooting with natural light, and when i post i am always getting railed about how i should be using a fill flash and its so obnoxious

"if it aint broke, don't fix it" if your happy with the results your getting, why would you change it just because its not what other people do? i checked out your pics oh your site, they look good.. you must use the reflectors really well, cause you dont have many harsh shadows.. and the ones you have work in the photos that they are in

"if it aint broke, don't fix it" if your happy with the results your getting, why would you change it just because its not what other people do? i checked out your pics oh your site, they look good.. you must use the reflectors really well, cause you dont have many harsh shadows.. and the ones you have work in the photos that they are in

thank you i apprieciate that

I just prefer shooting with natural light, and when i post i am always getting railed about how i should be using a fill flash and its so obnoxious

It's one way to solve a problem and likely the one many of us are familiar with. Read that as 'your subject is underexposed, a fill flash would be one solution to fixing the problem.' Obviously if you've constrained yourself away from using fill flash, you have to compensate in another way (careful use of reflectors, etc) to properly expose the subject.

And I have to agree with Chris. From a cursory look of the shots on your gallery site, I'm not exactly seeing a pressing need for anything but natural light.

Yeah someone suggested some flash to Thorshammer the other day! I dig his work and just bit my tongue, exited the post. He schooled em by then anyway. Remember this is the web and all types are around... like water off a Ducks arse.

-Shea

Most reactions

New Topics

Back