outdoor photography

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by bamajvc, Dec 27, 2008.

1. bamajvc

bamajvc TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I am pretty new still to the photography with something other than a point and shoot. I recently bought a nikon d80. What would be a good lens to buy for it to use for outdoor photography. I like to walk through tow woods and try to snap nature pics. Today I came across a couple otters playing a beaverdam pond on our land. The lens I had just did not seem to do a good job, or maybe it was just me :-( Anyways any input would be appreciated.

2. gryphonslair99

gryphonslair99 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    With out an idea of what was wrong with the photos or a couple of the photos to look at, I am going to say it is probably you. Cameras don't make pictures, photographers make pictures. Cameras record what they are told to. A good book to probably start with would be Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Understanding-Exposure/Bryan-Peterson/e/9780817463007

Once you have an understanding of the components of photography then you will start to understand the limitations of the equipment.

3. artreuo

artreuo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well what are you looking for? Are you looking for a large zoom lens?