Outdoor Portrait

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by Holly, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Holly

Holly TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    A bit hooked on doing portraits at the moment... Took this one today.. I think Ill be doing all my kids portraits near this tree.. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.. :)

THanks

[​IMG]

2. willpops

willpops TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's a bit too dark, for me, which hides the texture of the tree. Composition is good. The expression is maybe too unnatural (in the posture of the arms)

3. Taralyn Romero

Taralyn Romero TPF Noob!

I would have to agree with willpops and would also suggest you have them pose in somewhat more natural positions. Maybe even crack a joke or a funny face to catch your children in mid-laughter, etc.

4. Christie Photo

Christie Photo No longer a newbie, moving up!

It's not too dark on my monitor.

I think you're on the right track. You have a nice expression and setting. The pose might have been improved by having him put his hands in his pockets and showing just a bit more... just below the hands.

The best thing you could have done for this portrait would have been a clothing change. The shirt, which is slightly too large for him, is the largest and lightest element in the image, drawing my eye down and away from his face. A bit of vignetting will help too.

Keep it up! This one is pretty close.

Pete