Outdoor shot, Black Lamborghini Gallardo, tips?

Rfong

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I like taking photos of my car against architectural backgrounds, in parking structures, and even against walls of graffiti.

The glossy black paint always proves to be a challenge by hiding details and reflecting unwanted light flares.

Tips and suggestions for techniques and equipment are welcomed.

I like taking photos of my car against architectural backgrounds, in parking structures, and even against walls of graffiti.

The glossy black paint always proves to be a challenge by hiding details and reflecting unwanted light flares.

Tips and suggestions for techniques and equipment are welcomed.

For starters, get a good quality Circular Polarizer to help minimize the reflections on the black car. Second, make sure that you aren't shooting against a really bright background because that will either cause you to overexpose the background when properly exposing the car....or to under expose the car when you properly expose the background. Get a darker background like foilage or alley's other than lakes and sky. (Granted the latter can be done as well, it's just more of a challenge).

Well, when I was shooting my Ferrari 355 and 789HP Nissan 370Z, I would often taken them out on the streets of Maple Valley where I could get a nice picturesque background of all the trees.

:addpics:

and a list of your glass, speedlights, modifiers, tripod, water sprayer.

Only exterior shots? No interior stuff? How about rolling shots?

Sorry, I'm new to this forum and the procedure for managing attachments is more complicated than any other forum I've visited.

Here's a picture of the car.
Lambo.jpg

Sorry, I'm new to this forum and the procedure for managing attachments is more complicated than any other forum I've visited.

Here's a picture of the car.
Lambo.jpg

i felt the car was a bit both overwhelmed with the background, and the angle of the shot was pretty much IMO standing up.

The tunnel kind of drags your eyes to it, instead of the lambo, so maybe a darker a background without lines to take your eyes away from the main subject would help.

And although you are trying to add an architectural feel with the lambo, you can still do that even when making the angle one thats a little bit obscure.

GL!

Circular Polarizing Filter.

Study image composition and perspective.

Wet the pavement.

Use supplimental lighting (speedlights).

A great idea would be to rev your car up to 6000 rpm, hold the break and clutch with your left foot, keep revs up, then quickly let go of your clutch while holding the brake (heel/toe your foot off the clutch pedal).

Have tires spin for a few seconds until the rear of the car is almost engulfed in smoke, then have someone take awesome pictures! They'll all come out great!

Edit: Oh, I just realized your car is AWD. Never mind then. lol

Last edited:
A great idea would be to rev your car up to 6000 rpm, hold the break and clutch with your left foot, keep revs up, then quickly let go of your clutch while holding the brake (heel/toe your foot off the clutch pedal).

Have tires spin for a few seconds until the rear of the car is almost engulfed in smoke, then have someone take awesome pictures! They'll all come out great!

Edit: Oh, I just realized your car is AWD. Never mind then. lol
$$$$$$$$$$$$$

...and don't mean a, "thats money," type of slang either.

Last edited:
Big softboxes will help a lot with even lighting and limiting flares and bright reflections.

Most reactions

Back