Outdoor Shots C&C

Chriss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some shots I was able to take once the snow finally melted.

1)
DSC01710.jpg

2)
DSC01733.jpg

3)
DSC01699.jpg

i think #1 is the strongest shot. it wouldve been better without the twigs upfront. something about the second one the tilt is bothering me but i like the old feel of the scene. third one does nothing for me but nice detail

Alright thanks for the input ;). Yea I agree that the third doesnt do anything. Thanks though.

The second one is my favorite out of this bunch. I think if you used a wider focus and got more of the scenery above the bench (instead of the dead leaves below it), it would be a more pleasing shot.

EDIT: Also, you should look under that rock in the first photo to see if there are any salamanders under it. ;)

Hahaha Ill try that ;). Thanks for the input.

#1- Overexposed and the colors are flat. The composition and framing is awkward. You cut off the right corner of the stone. The perspective is unremarkable and not very interesting. It seems as if you just knelt down and snapped the shot. The twigs in the foreground are distracting and the background is cluttered.

#2- I like the framing but the scene is too cluttered. The colors are flat again. The branches across the upper left corner are distracting. You are responsible for every minute detail included within your frame.

#3- Lacks interest. For me the narrow DOF is awkward with the nearest part of the latch out-of-focus. Makes me wonder, "why did the photographer choose a narrow DOF for this shot?" It doesn't offer anything to the image IMHO and thus seems arbitrary. If you are going to snap a photo of a gate latch show me in your creation why YOU care about that latch and thus why I should care about it.

Just my 2 cents.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back