Outdoor Wedding

hetphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just booked an outdoor wedding that will take place in the woods with heavy tree cover. The wedding will take place at 7pm in mid-September. Does anyone have any tips on getting the lighting right and posing for a mid-30s aged couple? I am a little worried about the heavy tree cover and the time at night. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

So it will ba at night?
So you don't have to worry about partial shadows on people's faces.

try to take care of something to bounce your flash from if there's no ceiling.
What's your setup? do you carry studio flashes with you?

Is it to be at night? Out doors? Away from power?

Rent a D3 and a 50mm f1.4 and a good mono-pod! Then tell them they need a lot of candles in chimneys around where they will be standing.

Good luck!

I'm more concerned that you booked a wedding and you don't know how to light. A pro should know the answers before he or she takes someone's money.

But to help you out, buy two or three speedlights, some wireless triggers and practice.

I would suggest watching out for color balance and color casts. Between the time of day and the leaves on the trees, you may end up with some odd colors from your light. Should make for some good b&w photos though.

Once the sun starts going down you can expect the background to go black in your photos. Skin tones are a few stops lighter than the greenery in the background and if its starting to get dark, your really not going to many good looking shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back