Outdoors photography

I tried to always have a tripod with me but mine is heavy duty so it is heavy and sometimes I just cannot carry it.

So, I have two things that I used to carry with me at all times: one is a clamp (made by Bogen I believe) with a small tripod head on it that you can attach to a branch; and the second is a small bag that I could fill with dirt, pebbles, sand, etc. Plop it on rock, put your camera on top, voilà.

And of course, don't forget a remote release.

When I am out on fishing trips I keep a body in my takle box with a 35mm lens on it and a 50mm lens in reserve. When out camping I bring a fleet of stuff including my big honking prime telephoto just because I can. As far as tripods go, I stick to a cheapo Digital innovations travel tripod (Seen in this photo). It's rare for me to use the big tripod and far more comfortable to carry the littly guy, the only draw back to this is that travel tripod will not support the weight of my camera at extention so it has to be used compact, but that is the only way I ever used it so it don't bother me in the least.

Most reactions

Back