Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
013-1.jpg

Last edited:
016-2.jpg
and this one...this was taken same day... i want to be prepared next beautiful day.. thanks....

Sharpen? Looks like some motion blur to me. That would mean a faster shutter speed.

Are you using an auto mode? What f-stop? What shutter speed?

Sharpen? that is a help right there.. i will check the shutter speed next time and try to set it for the right speed

Are you using an auto mode? What f-stop? What shutter speed?
i will check on that ...be back..thanks.. i just checked and photobucket won't give me the image stats.. they keep saying check back later... i quess i will keep trying..

Last edited:
does anyone know why photobucket does not show you the stats on the photo anymore.. i use to just copy and paste it here.. now i cannot find it anywhere on the site..the only info i could get...
File Size: 196 kb - 797 x 597
Resolution: 797 x 597

Last edited:
first one has no exif that I can read. the second was taken at f/3.5 and 1/600s (ISO 320) 1/600s should stop moderate motion.

maybe missed focus? the first looks plenty sharp on my monitor.

p!nK

first one has no exif that I can read. the second was taken at f/3.5 and 1/600s (ISO 320) 1/600s should stop moderate motion.

p!nK
thanks very much............................;) i appreciate it .. now i can go from here.... thanks again..

p!nK

Where'd you get 1/600?

I got

Camera Maker: Canon
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot S5 IS
Image Date: 2010:03:31 23:57:46 - ????
Focal Length: 44mm
Aperture: f/3.5
Exposure Time: 0.0006 s (1/1600)
ISO equiv: 320
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No

Maybe the updated FxIF isn't working properly, I don't think this was taken at 11:57pm. *shrug*

But honestly, I don't think it's a motion blur issue. Look at the right front paw in the second shot, it doesn't have any motion blur, the tongue (which if you have a dog you KNOW is ALWAYS moving), yet the fur looks very soft. I think this is just simply a case of lower end optics and VERY manicured fur on a "show" quality dog. Soft & fluffy fur = soft outline to the animal.

The first shot looks quite sharp to me, you can pick out individual hairs in the fur on the dogs chest and right side (our left), and even the fur on the ears is crisp. Can't see the paws though.

I think both are a wee bit over exposed too, it makes the "white" fur look pure white, which it's not naturally. (Unless you give the dog daily baths lol)

Anyway, beautiful dog and cute shots. I'd be pleased with the snapshots if I were you. :thumbup:

Adjust clarity slider ;)

p!nK

Where'd you get 1/600?

I got

Maybe the updated FxIF isn't working properly, I don't think this was taken at 11:57pm. *shrug*

But honestly, I don't think it's a motion blur issue. Look at the right front paw in the second shot, it doesn't have any motion blur, the tongue (which if you have a dog you KNOW is ALWAYS moving), yet the fur looks very soft. I think this is just simply a case of lower end optics and VERY manicured fur on a "show" quality dog. Soft & fluffy fur = soft outline to the animal.

The first shot looks quite sharp to me, you can pick out individual hairs in the fur on the dogs chest and right side (our left), and even the fur on the ears is crisp. Can't see the paws though.

I think both are a wee bit over exposed too, it makes the "white" fur look pure white, which it's not naturally. (Unless you give the dog daily baths lol)

Anyway, beautiful dog and cute shots. I'd be pleased with the snapshots if I were you. :thumbup:

haha.. read it too fast. you are correct 1/1600. :blushing:

p!nK

p!nK

Where'd you get 1/600?

I got

p!nK

Ahh, ok, but still...23:57 is when it was taken?! lol I want to find a place (warmer than Alaska) where it's that sunny at 11:57pm! :p

p!nK

Where'd you get 1/600?

I got

thanks very much.. i have the nikon d5000 ... i will go with this info with that camera now... hopefully better pics ... thanks also for compliments on my brushing...and my collie boy.... every day for a few minutes does the trick...:lol:

Where'd you get 1/600?

I got

p!nK

Ahh, ok, but still...23:57 is when it was taken?! lol I want to find a place (warmer than Alaska) where it's that sunny at 11:57pm! :p
haha... i do too:mrgreen:

[I think this is just simply a case of lower end optics

:thumbup:

....also, I think you are also experiencing some issues with over/under exposure because of the extreme light contrasting. I think you could have benefitted by using some fill flash to wash out some of the shadows. You can see in the shadows of the pictures that there is nice contrast with the white in the fur where you can make out the detail of the fur. In the highlighted areas, the fur is washed out, and you lose a sense of the sharpness. Your first shot is underexposed, your second shot is perfectly exposed in the background, but the subject is over exposed.

Also, judging my the shadows, it appears that you are shooting at midday with the sun high in the sky. This is a tough light to work with try shooting the same shots with a lower light, either earlier in the morning or later in the evening. I think this will clear up the shot considerably.

Most reactions

Back