Outside Pics - C&C

Clancyz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Day 3 of my first DSLR and taking in all critics and advice. Drove downtown Augusta and got a few pics :). Be harsh as possible please.

Berries and Brick
IMG_0702.jpg

Flag
IMG_0777.jpg

Sound Wave Reenactor
IMG_0805.jpg

Sound Wave Thing
IMG_0816.jpg

Waterfall
IMG_0599.jpg

Last edited:
#1 Doesn't do much for me. It's also underexposed.
#2 I love the tones and texture in this one, but straighten the flagpool and maybe play with its location in the frame.
#3 & #4, I really like.
#5 I don't care much for the composition. It seems too busy to me.

#1: I like the colors and lighting- I don't see it as underexposed (maybe the cracks??). I like the crisp focus on the grapes in the middle and diagonal line of the vine.

#5: I agree about this being a bit too busy- too much going on. I would also try a slightly longer exposure to smooth out the water a bit more... just my taste though

Thank you for all critics and compliments.

Overexposed vs Underexposed? I always get one or the other, I really find it hard to find a decent balance.

1- I like this one. Its seems plane and at the same time complex to me
2- I love everything about this pic. It is just a really great pic
3 & 4- Don't really do anything for me. Good shots though
5- looks good but seems a bit too busy

2,3 and the last one are my favorites.. 4 seems to go on a bit much kind of like the never ending picture maybe cropping a little off the bottom.. I'd like it better that way but you may not so it's just my opinion.. :)

I like 2 a lot too! With the pole slightly askew its a little disturbing, in a good way.

My favorite is the waterfall, maybe try a ND filter, to really get that silk flow look.

Otherwise, they are all average, I agree with the 1st itemized post.

Love the flag. The tones are perfect (I'd like to know how you achieved this). I actually like the direction of the pole. It gives it a different feel than if it were straight. The only thing I might change is its place in the frame, but even that is questionable. The others are cool, too, but that one really sticks out to me.

I use iPhoto. Its basic but I feel like I have more control.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back