Over-active pup

skieur

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my sister's very over-active boxer pup. Even focus, framing and shutterspeed were a challenge with this fast moving pup.

skieur

Sadie.jpg

Awe how sweet. Well no matter how active I think you did an excellent job. good one. :)

Awe how sweet. Well no matter how active I think you did an excellent job. good one. :)

Thanks, Kathi, I will have to post a photo of my airedale.

skieur

It's hard for me not to be unbiased because I absolutely LOVE boxers, but looking at the technical aspects, I can see that the focus, sharpness, and depth of field are VERY good for as fast moving as he was. His eyes are especially sharp, which is awesome.

I really like this, and makes me want to get a boxer all the more now! ;-)
Nice capture! :thumbup:

NJ

It's hard for me not to be unbiased because I absolutely LOVE boxers, but looking at the technical aspects, I can see that the focus, sharpness, and depth of field are VERY good for as fast moving as he was. His eyes are especially sharp, which is awesome.

I really like this, and makes me want to get a boxer all the more now! ;-)
Nice capture! :thumbup:

NJ

Thanks, NJ, my sister and I grew up with a boxer, which is why she got one. Shooting in the shade is the trick for good even lighting and of course, it is also important to shoot from dog level.

skieur

Beautiful dog but the pinch collar is so distracting to me. I am not sure if it really is as distracting as it seems to me or if it is just because of the kind of collar it is. I know he is not my dog and I have no right to say so, but I do not believe in pich collars. Anyhow, has your sister ever heard of BoxerWorld? It is great website/forum with invaluable information.

I think you got a good capture here, I know all about fast moving boxers, I have a female boxer and a male boxer/doberman mix...they only have 2 speeds, sleep and full throttle ahead.

Beautiful dog but the pinch collar is so distracting to me. I am not sure if it really is as distracting as it seems to me or if it is just because of the kind of collar it is. I know he is not my dog and I have no right to say so, but I do not believe in pich collars. Anyhow, has your sister ever heard of BoxerWorld? It is great website/forum with invaluable information.

I think you got a good capture here, I know all about fast moving boxers, I have a female boxer and a male boxer/doberman mix...they only have 2 speeds, sleep and full throttle ahead.

Yes, I certainly do not disagree with you about the collar. This was the first time I saw the dog. (I do not live near my sister). When I was trying to get her to settle down a little inside the house, I made a conscious effort to keep my hands away from her neck in the collar area. At the same time, you can see her strength across the front and I do not think my sister with some shoulder problems could handle her on a leash without it.

Your suggestion is also well-taken. I will recommend to her the Boxerworld website and perhaps a few books on obedience training to avoid the necessity of the collar. :)

skieur

Yes, I certainly do not disagree with you about the collar. This was the first time I saw the dog. (I do not live near my sister). When I was trying to get her to settle down a little inside the house, I made a conscious effort to keep my hands away from her neck in the collar area. At the same time, you can see her strength across the front and I do not think my sister with some shoulder problems could handle her on a leash without it.

Your suggestion is also well-taken. I will recommend to her the Boxerworld website and perhaps a few books on obedience training to avoid the necessity of the collar. :)

skieur

Great! Also, the issue of your sister having a bad shoulder and not being able to control the pup, have her try a gentle leader head collar, or a halti. I prefer the gentle leader. It basically works the same way a horse halter works. I used one to train my dogs not to pull on lead as I have had 2 back surgeries and there is no way I could hold them back if I had to. With the gentle leader, it can be tricky to get it adjusted right and get the dog accustomed to it but they come with a video that explains all of that. It is a very valuable tool to have, you just need to remember that it should be used as a training tool, not a permanent thing. Although, if something had to be permanent, it would be much much better than a pinch collar. Also, boxerworld will give her all the training tips she needs, no need to buy books to get information that she can get online for free and have interaction with other members. If she wants, she can look me up on boxerworld, my name on there is TossBranAbi. Thanks for being so receptive on this. I really do like your photo.

Yes, I certainly do not disagree with you about the collar.

I think it is a great shot, however I'm distracted by the collar, not because of the type, but the gleam of it.

Sorry for the late reply - Nice picture. I love Boxers. This reminds me of a shoot I did with my own pup, she was constantly on the move and I just managed to get her to sit still enough to get a cracking photo of her. Complete fluke though!!

See attached....>

Attachments

• $alaskaa.jpg
    $alaskaa.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 111
To me, the eyes look a bit cloudy. Could you brighten the catchlights a bit, maybe?

I think you are right. This does look better with the improvements you mentioned. Thank you.

skieur

Sadie3.jpg

The focus and exposure seems nice, but it's unfortunate that there is slight motion blur in his tongue and ear. It's hard to prevent that sometimes when there's a fast moving subject + low light though!

I like your edit with the eyes, good job there. Cool dog too! I love boxers, very athletic. My dad's friend had a boxer however that often ate possums/ birds/ and the neighbors' cats though!

Thanks RKW3. You are right about the speed of boxers and I am also disappointed about the "fuzzy" tongue particularly. I have an airedale, which is a considerably different dog.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back