Over exposed? CC

dslrchat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
forums.dslrchat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The red tint/glow is from being over exposed?
gt500.jpg

No, its from a different white balance of light. Commonly called "light pollution". That mixed in with the high noise from the ISO, created this, not over exposure.

Since its a stationary object you can get a tripod, and lower the ISO!

There'd still the the "light pollution", though. Which is what it is, yes. All the street lights of the city in the background is brightening the sky. Maybe not enough for the eye to see, but enough for the camera to register when exposure is long enough.

Could you take two exposures with two different white balance settings and then merge them some how to overcome that? Desaturate reds maybe?

Could you take two exposures with two different white balance settings and then merge them some how to overcome that? Desaturate reds maybe?
Tried that in next photo, A bit better.

Question; I needed to lower my ISO to reduce noise, What should I have done to overcome the Difference in White Balance?

gt500b.jpg

shoot in raw, adjust the colors in photoshop

That is what I was shooting in and what I have done.
So there is no Preventative way to eliminate/reduce the Difference in White Balance?

not that i can think of, your dealing with 2-3 different types of light.

In camera atleast, you can probably get better results in photoshop!

btw, unrelated opinion... the tires hacked off on the bottom seems to take away from it a bit for me. I gather you're just experimenting, but...

mask the bottom half is PS. it should be fairly easy cause its a sharp line of white all the way along. just adjust the top and the bottom of the picture independantly.

Photoshopped
To much blur in the background?
Want focus on the GT so blurred background, think maybe I blurred to much?
gt500c.jpg

nah. i like it. mabey give the car a sharppen. if you really feel ambitious you could work on the shadow that's across the fog lamp. i didn't really like it before cause it was cream on a white background, but the car projects out of the background now. love that car in cream.

I had started on the shadow of the bumper.
Also to the other poster, as you can see in this pic, the GT is on a ramp and the tires are cut off by the rails on the side.
I will be keeping an eye on her and hopefully get another chance when its on pavement (and use a lower ISO this time)

Most reactions

Back