Over-processed sunset shot

Boden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.recordingproject.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I went for a walk last night with the camera and happened upon this interesting little view.

What I'm trying to bring out here is how the shape of the clouds almost perfectly reflects the treeline. In the original image this is apparent, but not really interesting. If I bring out the trees to much I lose the shape... or maybe I don't and I'm just not a subtle enough person.

I dunno, is this too much? I have a tendency to overdo everything.

DSC_0002-ultra-processed-we.jpg

The shot is from a Nikon D80. I spot metered on the brightest part of the sky so it wouldn't blow out. Then I photoshopped the heck out of it (well, a faux polarizing filter and level adjustment).

I can post the original if somebody wants to play with it.

Horizons should be level. Composition doesn't really work for me. Sorry.

Good point. No need to be sorry, I'm brand new at this.

RedDevil - that's not a train going by, it's a suburb...which is one of the reasons I left it dark :)

I don't like giving bad critique :) But I know it's valuable and I learned a lot from comments like this. It really makes a big difference getting horizons straight. Use of a tripod for a shot like this would be essential and using a spirit level to get the camera straight helps.

Very nice highlight detail and shadow detail. might have moved over a bit to get those trees to the left out of the shot. A bit more color saturation or warming filter, maybe a great shot for b+w

Most reactions

New Topics

Back