Overcast sky = one giant tent

Peniole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Random shot of people at leasure at the mall...

1/125s
ISO-100
f/6.3

gateway.jpg

and Daddy I'm stuck...

gatewaystuck.jpg

Random shot of people at leasure at the mall...

Sorry, these both need their whitepoints reset. They are underexposed and flat.
Compositionally they are rather uninteresting because there is no points of interest, just random things.

The second one does have more possibilities because of the child isolated in the center but the rest of the picture doesn't support any of the 'aloneness' idea. Better cropping might help.

The second one does have more possibilities because of the child isolated in the center but the rest of the picture doesn't support any of the 'aloneness' idea. Better cropping might help.

Well there is the fountain going off which is framed, but yeh maybe crop the top off.

Sorry, these both need their whitepoints reset. They are underexposed and flat.
Compositionally they are rather uninteresting because there is no points of interest, just random things.

Don's be sorry, thanks for the comments that's why I posted to learn what I'm doing wrong, but where did the "aloneness" idea come from. I said Daddy I'm stuck, not alone, trapped in the middle of the fountain, and yes it was a "random shot" if you notice my first post. I'm still in the process of learning, so taking shots of everyday things before I go on a trip and ruin the entire shoot because I'm still making stupid mistakes.

I agree the first one needs a better white balance.

I had a couple of questions.

1. What do you mean by flat? Is there a technical term or just a feeling from the pic, and how do you fix it?

2. Given that it was an overcast sky and the exposure reflects that, would you bump up the exposure for a more pleasing effect or capture what you see?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back