Overexposure Nightmares

gsm275

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've had my first DSLR now for about 4 months and i still can't seem to get the hang of exposure quiet right. I line up my shutter speed/aperture to what i beleive is correct and pics even look good on my viewfinder however when i get home and look at it on my computer it's usually always over-exposed and the sky is washed out. Love to hear how to get better at this!!

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

Have you looked on the camera for the EV settings?

You can lower the setting - toward the negative side, and take a shot to see what it looks like.
You can also go into the menu, and look for Expo.comp./AEB (depending on which brand camera you have - I have shown for Canon)

move the indicator towards a minus setting and then use the thumb wheel up by your shutter button to bracket the shot. Moving the wheel towards the right will provide bracketing. Move it one click to start.

That will set the camera to take 3 different shots when you depress the shutter button. Each shot will be a different exposure. Practice, and you will get very good at it.

I see you have the same camera as I do. When you press the menu button on the top left side of the back of the camera, use the > button to move one screen to the right. The top item is the one you are looking for.

Most reactions

Back