overgrown

crzyfotopeeple

Vanimal
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
_DSC1690.jpg

Assuming I could, because I wasn't trespassing or something else, I think I would have moved a bit closer to the building. As this image stands, my eyes went right to the larger white flowers in the right foreground before I saw the "overgrown" building. Nevertheless, I think the subject has a lot of potential - different angles, different "framing", etc. I might also try a portrait mode image and bring some of that "ugly-looking" cloud into the picture. I am not sure how many shots you took of this building, but if I was shooting it, I probably would have walked away with somewhere around 10-20 images. I say this because a number of years ago, when I was on a flower photography workshop, the instructor always said "when you find a good subject, work it from as many angles as you can". I now apply this to just about any subject I am shooting, even landscapes.

Hope this helps.

WesternGuy

I have about 5 more shots/angles but I saw a snake and the grass was tall so I abandoned location quickly thereafter. Thanks for commenting.

I have about 5 more shots/angles but I saw a snake and the grass was tall so I abandoned location quickly thereafter. Thanks for commenting.
Yup, I think if I saw a snake (don't know where you live), I would quickly retreat out of the tall grass as well. :biggrin-93:

WesternGuy

Yup, I think if I saw a snake (don't know where you live), I would quickly retreat out of the tall grass as well. :biggrin-93:

WesternGuy
I was already nervous about walking around when I can't see through the grass. It's also been really wet and balmy lately and that time of year and sure enough....luckily I saw him before I stepped on him. I also almost stumbled into an old well that was only covered by a single branch laying across the opening. The well went down what looked like at least 30 feet before i could see water at the bottom. Needless to say a pretty hazardous location in the middle of nowhere.

Oh, the things we photographers won't do for a good shot. :biggrin-93: Glad you are all in one piece. Next time you need to find a friend to go with you, sort of like a field assistant and then he/she can go back to the truck to get the rope. :eek-73:

Be careful out there.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back