Overlooked/Underrated Nikon Lenses

I really liked the LOAR3 lens we used: Nikkor D-AF 28-105/3.5-4.5

Just tried out the 80-200mm 2.8 afs today. Pictures doesn't seem as sharp as I would like. I kept the shutter speed up above 1/200 and balance the lens on my knees while sitting. I know it's not as sharp as my 85mm 1.8G, may I was expecting a bit much. I will give it another go.

I do need to get the motor looked at so I'll have it calibrated if possible.

Just tried out the 80-200mm 2.8 afs today. Pictures doesn't seem as sharp as I would like. I kept the shutter speed up above 1/200 and balance the lens on my knees while sitting. I know it's not as sharp as my 85mm 1.8G, may I was expecting a bit much. I will give it another go.

I know my 80-200 2.8D needed an AF fine tune to really shine [emoji5]️

I know my 80-200 2.8D needed an AF fine tune to really shine [emoji5]️

I hope so. I know it's old so maybe a tuning would help. Where did you send you lens and about how much did it cost? I have a feeling that mine will cost a bit. The motor seem to start to go out.

I recently got the 60mm f2.8 AF-D Micro and have been using it a lot more than just for macro shots. Really sharp lens

my 28mm f2.8d gets bad reviews, but I like mine. Sharp enough for me. Haven't tried it on my D800 yet. That may alter my opinion.

I adore my 80-200 f2.8d for portraits on my D800. So sharp, it's spooky!

I have the 80-200 2.8D two touch zoom. It is a super sharp lens. A little slow on the autofocus but I don't care about that. When you get to learn a lens and use it for a while that is manageable.

I agree. While the 80-200 f2.8 has be supplanted by the 70-200 for more $$. A lot of reviews still call it one of the best lenses Nikon ever made. I love mine and don't miss the VR, (which I turn off most of the time on other lenses). I paid a little over $600 for it in like new condition and scored a home run.

A lot of 80-200mm 2.8 love here. Where is the best place to send a lens to have it tuned? I really don't want to send it to Nikon as it takes too long. However if I have to I will.

Most reactions

Back