Oxbow Bend - Grand Teton National Park

m1a1fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Came across this image from my trip to Grand Teton National Park last year and thought I'd share it.

This is Oxbow Bend in Grand Teton NP. Comments are welcome and appreciated.

I only wish that..
1) I had a better lens.
2) The water was a bit more calm.
3) Shot it in RAW and not Jpeg.

As far as the time of day was concerned, I didn't have much choice as we were trekking up to Yellowstone and decided to stop here for a few minutes. I purchased my D80 about a week or so before this trip and I spent the flight to Jackson, WY with my nose burried in the camera manual and Lantern Guide.

Nikon D80 W/18-55 "kit lens" @ f/11.
Oxbow1.jpg

Nice picture, Those that have not been to Tetons/Yellowstone dont know what they are missing. I was there in summer '97 with my family, I was only 14 (turned 15 in Yellowstone) at the time. Your picture captures the vibrant colors of the area very well. I want to go back now, My father and I both have a desire to return and spend more time taking pictures and enjoying the area, Price of gas will most likely keep that from happening...

Nice picture, Those that have not been to Tetons/Yellowstone dont know what they are missing. I was there in summer '97 with my family, I was only 14 (turned 15 in Yellowstone) at the time. Your picture captures the vibrant colors of the area very well. I want to go back now, My father and I both have a desire to return and spend more time taking pictures and enjoying the area, Price of gas will most likely keep that from happening...

Thanks for the comment and yes, it's a trip that everyone should take (who's into the outdoors and nature). I'm going to try to get back out there in the fall / early winter of 09'.

Very pretty picture :)

Thanks for the comment!

Upon looking at the image again this AM I think the horizon needs to be leveled a bit. I'll take care of that when I get home.

Lovely!!! I wish I was there! Great shot!

Thanks!:mrgreen:

Your avatar interests me. How are you "related" to the Skywarn group?

In a nutshell....

I've been into Meteorology my whole life thus far and started "chasing" when I was 16 (I'm now 31). When I began to pursue my Amateur Radio License I was informed of the SKYWARN program through our local Office of Emergency Management and ARES group. I received my Radio License (KB9RID) in 97' and have participated in the SKYWARN program in one form or another ever since.

I've tried to convince my wife (with no luck) to move out to central Oklahoma so I can get more involved in weather related activities and pursue a degree in Physics and Meteorology. Oh well....:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back