OXFORD OCTOBER 19th

tempra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artzam.com
Due to massive demand, a meetup is planned for October 19th in Oxford - the city of dreaming spires.

Lots of attempts to create an Oxford meet have been met with nonchalance and no bugger turning up, so here is your chance to rectify things.

Mr Lostprophet is booking his ticket via thetrainline.com and is hoping he won't have to change at Didcot as the last time he set foot in the magical south oxfordshire kingdom, he was locked in quarantine for 3 months being regularly hosed down with ice cold water from Farmoor reservoir.

For those travelling from distant parts, the trains are crap on a Sunday so either drive down or book a travelodge deal well in advance and share a bed with a stranger or something.

It will be a fun packed day, we can go to a couple of musesums that are free to get in - the natural history museum so you can take pics of dinosaurs and stuff, the ashmolean so you can take pics of mummies and things, and eve the museum of modern art where you can't take photos but you can wonder how people make money out of the stuff they stick on the walls or ceilings or floors.

If the weather is nice, University parks is a nice walk with a visit to mesopotamia which leads you along the road to a church who's graveyard is also a wildlife sanctuary and they actively leave the grass to grow in most of it - so some chilleresque shots to be had there.

It's not a big city, but there are lots of photo opportunities - and pubs.

So come and visit and make a dull October day into a thrill packed adventure that is not to be missed! :mrgreen:

(did I sell it Andy?)

Sounds promising as my last round of the ANWCC championship is the weekend before!

Yes the trains are crap as I have found trying to get to a meetup before. If the car isn't damaged will there be somewhere I can park it if I drive down Tony?

not sure as I do not know my employer in October too well ;)

But then again, I still owe you some beer and you owe me some pizza :p

Sounds promising as my last round of the ANWCC championship is the weekend before!

Yes the trains are crap as I have found trying to get to a meetup before. If the car isn't damaged will there be somewhere I can park it if I drive down Tony?

You can stick it outside of my house if you like - or in one of the park and rides. Then get a bus into town - parking is free on a Sunday in certain areas of the city centre, but you need to get a ticket from the machine and you are limited to 2 hours.

Best leave it up here, it's only a short bus ride in. :thumbup:

not sure as I do not know my employer in October too well ;)

Give them a ring and say hi - explain who you are etc. you could invite them round for a fondue party or summink

But then again, I still owe you some beer and you owe me some pizza :p

I knew there was a bond that held us together - I'll have a slurp of yours, and you have chew of mine! :lol:

Sounds good to me.

Beauty! - mr spanner might be able to give you a lift - he lives up that way, of course it'll probably be off road all the way, so best get a OS map and a good GPS system - oh, and a crash helmet!

Ferny said:
I'll give it a go if I can. Depends on funds after the RBRR. .

Start saving - sell a triumph!

Of course I'll be there, it's only a short walk for me!!

BTW, there's shrunken heads in the Pitt Rivers Museum, adjoining the Natural History Museum. & plenty of old pubs & one that's hidden & a few interesting winding back streets & the Radcliffe Camera (only round library in EU?? & also where Haley's Comet was first observed & named).

I'm also working for the Uni, so will see if my College will let us have a wonder around.... no promises though!!

###############################################
If you dream of it, work for it. If, having worked for it, you get it then enjoy it.
When you have taken the time to enjoy it, begin to dream again!
– Carrie & David Grant
###############################################
Check out my sites:
www.myspace.com/louiseandersonclemence
www.myspace.com/afropeanchoir
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Louise-Anderson-Clemence/15284002967
Add me as a friend/fan & support me!! :-D

Most reactions

Back