OXFORD OCTOBER 19th

Beauty! - mr spanner might be able to give you a lift - he lives up that way, of course it'll probably be off road all the way, so best get a OS map and a good GPS system - oh, and a crash helmet!

Heh!

Well, that's certainly an option; though if the weather's nice, I'll more than likely be riding down myself.

I haven't been to Oxford before, so I'm definitely going to try my best to make it.

I'm going to see if I can make that, all depends if I can find a cheap flight & place to stay :)
So put me down as "maybe"..

*Edit*
found some cheap flights... can you ppl help me with finding a place to stay for 17-19 (both included) ?
youth hostel or something like that should be fine.

Last edited:
Tony, you do sell it really well.
Your description of the ease of arrival as well as the endless photo ops which all sound highly interesting makes this Oxford meet-up a VERY tempting one for me.

However... (did you see that coming?) ...

...I'm only returning from a week in Turkey ("Tracing the Steps of the Apostle Paul") on that very day :(. My cards will be full and I will be tired - and I will arrive a little too far west to just hop over and have a beer with you lot (though the thought keeps being tempting!). So sorry.

I'm going to see if I can make that, all depends if I can find a cheap flight & place to stay :)
So put me down as "maybe"..

*Edit*
found some cheap flights... can you ppl help me with finding a place to stay for 17-19 (both included) ?
youth hostel or something like that should be fine.

hi Ockie, YH is next to the train station, it's a pretty new building and right in town.

Be great if you could make it!

http://www.yha.org.uk/find-accommodation/heart-of-england/hostels/oxford/index.aspx

Tony, you do sell it really well.
Your description of the ease of arrival as well as the endless photo ops which all sound highly interesting makes this Oxford meet-up a VERY tempting one for me.

However... (did you see that coming?) ...

...I'm only returning from a week in Turkey ("Tracing the Steps of the Apostle Paul") on that very day :(. My cards will be full and I will be tired - and I will arrive a little too far west to just hop over and have a beer with you lot (though the thought keeps being tempting!). So sorry.

Didn't Paul come to Oxford? just catch the 'wrong' flight, and we'll download your cards and put them on disc for you ;)

hi Ockie, YH is next to the train station, it's a pretty new building and right in town.

Be great if you could make it!

http://www.yha.org.uk/find-accommodation/heart-of-england/hostels/oxford/index.aspx
sure looks good, I'm still talking to two friends in London, if they lend me a couch for saturday night I might try to stay in london and, if ferny doesn't mind, go with him to oxford for the sunday, as I'd like to see London for a bit too if I'm going 2 days...

I need to double check a couple of things still before I book any flights though, but so far it all looks good :)

i should be able to come if someone up north west area is driving down maybe?
i cant drive <.<

i should be able to come if someone up north west area is driving down maybe?
i cant drive <.<

You're from Manchester - steal a car! ;)

Plasticspanner might be able to help - or nynfortoo if you don't mind horses, alternatively, get a train the night before and get in the Youth Hostel

Most reactions

Back