Oympus E-500??

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by suzyq77, Aug 30, 2006.

1. suzyq77

suzyq77 TPF Noob!

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone has one, if so what accessories do you have for it?? I have the twin lens kit, but am interested in getting some filters and maybe more lenses, but the Zuiko/Olmpus ones, are very very expensive.
    What filters would fit on it????

Thanks in advance,
    Suz

2. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Lenses are never cheap, you'll just have to live with that. I looked on B&H and I only saw about 16 lenses listed for Olympus cameras - not good.

Any filter will fit on any lens as long as it's threaded. You just need to find how big the filter size on your lenses, and buy according to size. The 14-45mm and 40-150mm lenses both use 58mm filers.

3. suzyq77

suzyq77 TPF Noob!

Thanks heaps for that, I will have a look at the filters.

4. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    58mm filters are pretty small, so you're lucky in the sense that you won't have to spend alot of money on any one filter. UV filters are about $35 for my 77mm filter lenses like my 80-200mm and my 18-35mm. as opposed to about $25 for my 62mm 35-70mm.

When I buy a new lens, a ALWAYS buy a UV or 1A filter for it. All they do is put an extra layer of glass in front of the front element for protection. The only time when i've seen them harm image quality is when I look directly at the sun and take a picture. Other than that, you don't notice any difference at all. I have never ever had to clean the front element of any of my lenses and risk taking off some of the coatings of them becuase the only thing that might het dirty is the UV filter, and if i scratch it or break it, meh. It's much easeir to replace a $30 filter than repair an $800 lens for god knows how much.