P mode (A350)

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by jong, Dec 16, 2008.

1. jong

jong TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    P mode, I never really understand this P mode (A350) and rarely used it, all i know you can adjust exposure compensation and maybe shutter speed :raisedbrow:. anybody care to explain. thanks

2. Sarin

Sarin TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    A quick look in my A350 manual tells me that using the P mode i can use the automatic exposure while keeping the custom settings for ISO sensitivity, creative style, D-range optimizer etc???? A more user friendly explanation would be nice for me as well.

3. danman281

danman281 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think it has to do with manually controlling ISO, flash, etc. I never use it so idk

4. ANDS!

ANDS! No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Not at all.

Programmed Auto Mode is just that "Programmed". It basically allows you to adjust the shutter speed, or the aperture, and each of the combinations will render a correct exposure.

Of course the question is why use it at all - well some may not want the "limitations" of the "Auto" mode, however are not ready for the demands of the Shutter/AP or Manual modes. Programmed Auto allows a bit more flexibility while being introduced to things like choosing your own AP value and Shutter Speeds.

5. jong

jong TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i guess, i don't really need it then since i been using manual mode , thanks