LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Photo Post Processing Programme...

hides behind my funny (and hopefully eye-catching!?!?!?) abbreviation.
Before I let you see some of those pppp-pictures, I must tell you this little story.

My sister was here over Easter. My sister is the one who has also recently joined this forum as "LaFoto'sSister" (very imaginative, right?). I had to push her hard to make her join an internet message board, but in the end she gave in.

But that is not the story. The story is that she's taken photos for much longer than I have, she's always been my "mentor" - and she was living up to this 'reputation' once again. Like when we took the bicycles and cycled out to an area not too far from my village that I thought could present some interesting photographical motifs. That's where we found that swamp. And I - always ever so boring and direct in my approach - would have only just photographed the swamp. Just the swamp. But Christiane said: "Hang on! Let's make it a story!!" and she tossed her bike to the edge of the swamp. "See?" she asked, "now it's a crime scene. Where is the victim?" And I thought, hey, wow, why couldn't that have been MY idea?

So even though I took the photos, it was Christiane's idea to create this scene:

Krimi_RadSumpf1.jpg

Krimi_RadSumpf2.jpg

OK, where's the pppp-aspect then? Coming! Coming!
Back home, she was amazed at how fast the photos presented themselves on my computer screen (Christiane being the total film+prints-purist with all the necessary time to wait for things to come back from the lab involved!). Then she saw me do some tiny tweaks to one or the other of the photos (not necessarily these of the "crime scene"). Once we touched these, she became all enthusiastic and spurned me on to play with what litte pppp-software I still have as much as we could.

So we tweaked and tweaked to all extremes and she got all excited (me too).

Here's what we made of the "crime scene" (second photo being our original):

Krimi_RadSumpf2_bw.jpg

Plain b+w conversion (as the SOCO's camera might have shown it)

Krimi_RadSumpf2_bwlitho.jpg

Black and white lithography... (just for fun)

Krimi_RadSumpf2_heisolar.jpg

Solarisation after the colour temperature had been pushed to extremely "hot"

Krimi_RadSumpf2_solar.jpg

Solarisation after the colour temperature may have been pushed to "cold" - only with other photos we began to write down what we had done, while at these, we were still too thrilled with the game ;)

And now my personal favourite:
Krimi_RadSumpf2_moon.jpg

Crime scene in the "moonlight" (with the colour temp pushed to cold, I am sure, and solarisation? Hmph... if only we had kept our "tweakings" in mind)... Editing in: now I remember: we made it quite dark and then pushed the colour temp to "very cold", hence the amount of blue)

Christiane wanted to burn all these (and many other photos we took at the time) on a CD to take home. We liked the game.
Do you?

You don't like these, right? They are overprocessed?

Well, they are, but that was the idea. That was the FUN. That was the GAME...

I like the B&W conversion the most. Really nice. Although I think the subject could be better. ;)

We lacked the CORPSE to spice it up more!

Thanks, but no thanks.
I could have thrown myself into the swamp, playing dead, but I felt this was taking things a little too far. And the secret of the story IS: where is the body? Right?

It sounds like you & your sister had fun and that you might have converted her to the 'Digital Revolution'. It's great that you can have fun with digital...that's one of it's biggest advantages...not that film isn't fun...it's just not very fast.

Looks like you've been playing more than me :lol: It's interesting all the things that can be done IMO, and you've got a nice variety here. I like the black and white the best :thumbup: Keep on having fun and learning!!!!

I doubt my sister will become quite like that Calvin of your avatar about digital photography, BigMike, but we did have fun over these, all the same.
And I still like the "moonlight" version the best... ;)

LaFoto... those are great :) Your sister has fascinating ideas :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back