P&S for amateur

groston

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All,

My wife currently owns a Canon SD1000. She really enjoys using the camera (in part, due to its compact size) and carries it with her most of the time. She primarily takes pictures for herself and rarely prints them. Additionally, she is also interested in taking pictures of birds, thus needs a small P&S camera with more zoom capability.

I have done some research and have basically narrowed the field of choices down to the Panasonic Lumix ZS7/TZ10 and the Samsung WB650. (While both are larger than the Canon, she has held one an indicated that the size is acceptable.) For the functionality and price point, both seem to get good reviews.

While we probably cannot go wrong with either, can any of you offer an opinion as to which might be better based on comparative hands-on experience?

Thanks.

If you are wanting a good super zoom I'd go with this.

COOLPIX P100 from Nikon

26x zoom and for the same price as the samsung you listed. Although its a tad bigger, It'd be much better for what she is wanting. But maybe be infeasible if she doesn't want to carry it.

Otherwise I'd go with the Samsung you listed.

Looks like a decent camera, but it is way too large for her purposes.

If she has no intention to print and she just wants to snap away and have fun, then either would work fine. I'd just go by price, whichever is cheaper

Most reactions

New Topics

Back