P&S Shots

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by TheBoombaGnome, Apr 10, 2010.

1. TheBoombaGnome

TheBoombaGnome TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forums, and I'm still working on the extra cash for a nice DSLR camera...Right now, I'm using a Konica Minolta camera that hasn't been made in years - but I was still able to get some halfway decent shots. I was hoping you guys could take a look, let me know what you think?

Thanks y'all!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  2. SushiWarrior

SushiWarrior TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    #1 and #3 really have something, good work for a P&S. #2 and #4 seem really boring however, and #4's focal point is WAY left.

3. reznap

reznap No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I like #3 with a bit taken off (cropped) the right side.

Also, good job taking a pic at the zoo (#1) and composing it in a way that it's not obviously a zoo picture.

So yeah, guess I'm just agreeing with Sushi.

4. McMommy

McMommy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like them, but I think that you could really do a LOT with the last two. With those two, I think some dramatic colors would be amazing for the backgrounds. You have a lot of sky in both of them and it looks like sunset to me, even shades of grey would give it much more depth. Please don't take this the wrong way, but without any color, I feel like the sign "Pet Area" is pointing to a pet cemetary. I think of pet areas as happy and playful but the photo just doesn't communicate that at all.

You've done well with a p&s, I rarely ever got great ones on mine!

5. TheBoombaGnome

TheBoombaGnome TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank for the input! I'm in love with the first photo, have been since the day I took it...I tried to get the focal point for #4 way off to the side. I'm not quite sure why I did this at the time, but I think the color one that i'm going to post right underneath here makes it look MUCH better...

The third one I actually took in black in white (Which i have realized since then that I NEVER do that. Always take in color and make b&w if need be in photoshop), but the Pet Area one I do have in color...I'm not sure if that makes it any better...but I figured I'd show you anyway...:)

[​IMG]

I guess my issue with this one in color is that the sign almost seems underexposed or something...i'm not totally sure...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  6. Photo Lady

Photo Lady No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    very nice pics...