Packing for New Orleans :S

nikonguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
man.. i hate that i want to bring all of this!!! especially since my backpack isnt big enough... cram in what i can!!!!

20090313-ggajp7c2qfcdiqw6mnry6u7bui.jpg

well after much cramming, and jamming (but not breaking) i got almost everything in there... 2 bodies, 4 lens', 1 flash, 1 video camera, spare cards, usb cable, firewire cable (for video) mini dv tapes (6) wireless trigger, i think thats everything

i decided my chargers can go in my carry on.. and i only really need one flash during the travel.. once we get there, i can take my other flashes from my carry on... if i didn't have to shoot video, it probably all would have fit in there, because as you can see, the vx1000 takes up a lot of room!
22dtn-36126b96eb8dcafac9bbdd3ed82d0af5.49bac876.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone asks, you got your shoes on your feet on Bourbon St.

Disregard if you've been to N.O. before.

lol.. yea, been many times!! had a guy try to pull that one on me...

I always make sure I tell the students when we take them!! (this year we're taking 84..)

lol.. yea, been many times!! had a guy try to pull that one on me...

I always make sure I tell the students when we take them!! (this year we're taking 84..)

Wow! sounds like some trip.

Good luck, I think it's gonna be a wet weekend.

i'm ok with the weekend being wet... as long as the week is good (doing relief work in the rain sucks..)

last year when we left canada, we were in a blizzard, couldnt see 5 feet in front of the bus... our 14 hour drive to nashville (where we stay over night) took more like 24 hours, due to slow going because of the snow, and a 4 hour hold up at the CA/USA boarder.. really hoping the boarder hold up doesnt happen again... and the snow wont, because its a great week here for traveling.

Well, I've made several trips to Canada (S. Ontario--Sarnia, Windsor) in a car. I've also taken 16-20 hour bus rides when I was in the LSU Marching Band. I could NOT imagine taking a BUS to FREAKING CANADA!!!

And you are going there to work? For Free? Hell because of the hurricane, I could STILL be working in N.O. charging premium rates and making six figures if I wanted to, but truth be told, I am NOT a fan of N.O. (and that was before Katrina).

You are a better man than I...:cheers:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back