Pagoda, Rdg. Pa

Rick58

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bored after a fresh 3" snowfall, I thought I'd make a quick trip to the, ever so over photographed, Pagoda in my home town. Instead of the quick tourist snap, I thought I'd use the wall as an element. There's nothing new under the sun when it comes to photographing this structure, so I'd be more surprised then not if it's already been done. Yep...bored.
Pagodaa_zpsa3cq7c5y.jpg

I have no idea where this is...

"That said", my eye is drawn to the tiles on the tiered roofs and the patterns created by the snow.

@ Fan boy: Thanks for the comment...That Pagoda is so over photographed, I swore I would never reduce myself to take a photo of it.
I was bored, lazy and needed to take the camera for a walk. I looked out my window and there it was, just like it is the other 364 days a year :lol:

Last edited:
The chimney seems at odds and is interesting because of this.

well it gave you something to shoot and practice on. I totally get "bored". The wall makes a great leading line. Snow on the roof draws my attention as well. Like the shot. I am impressed you still managed to shoot this so well with your mindset. I try to shoot lighthouses here (over done, way over done) and have trouble taking it seriously for the same reasons you mentioned. You did well. Nice job. And i don't know where this is. New to me.

The chimney seems at odds and is interesting because of this.
Thanks Fred, I suppose there aren't too many traditional pagoda's with brick chimney's. I guess I never thought about it.

well it gave you something to shoot and practice on. I totally get "bored". The wall makes a great leading line. Snow on the roof draws my attention as well. Like the shot. I am impressed you still managed to shoot this so well with your mindset. I try to shoot lighthouses here (over done, way over done) and have trouble taking it seriously for the same reasons you mentioned. You did well. Nice job. And i don't know where this is. New to me.
Thanks Brian. I was happy to find that amount of snow on the roof to form the texture. Much more and it would have been ruined Mother Nature did good. Now all she has to do is give me some green leaves and grass.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back