Paid to Rave - Night-life Photographer!

People still rave?

Raving isn't the same. When you drive down the free and see billboards for a show, IMO it is no longer a Rave IMO. Rave implied underground. Now with massives like EDC, it is soo main steam. I am not knocking it.
But the 'scene' is a 100x bigger than ever.
QUOTE]

/\ exactly my point! They are no longer "shows" but giant festivals like Ultra and Electric Zoo! Great shots, though! Really takes in the scene. :thumbup:

Ha f*ck Ultra. Who wants to hang around with thousands of teenagers overdosing on drugs. Meh.

There are still shows. I occasionally go to a drum and bass night in a tiny pub, it's great. They get big dj's in that little place.

So I thought I would post this here cause I know some will know how excited I am...

I just got notice I will be covering Tiesto when he comes to Phoenix on Sept 21st!!! To say I am stoked is an understatement. I've been to Ibiza (Spain) to see him, and now I will get to cover an event he is headlining!!!

So I thought I would post this here cause I know some will know how excited I am...

I just got notice I will be covering Tiesto when he comes to Phoenix on Sept 21st!!! To say I am stoked is an understatement. I've been to Ibiza (Spain) to see him, and now I will get to cover an event he is headlining!!!

Nice, thats a good gig. See if you can meet him so he can blast out some tweets about your work. Congrats. And definitely post some pics afterwards.

Bringing this thread back from the dead

Got to shoot Steve Aoki this weekend, wow!

Can either of you old timers name one DJ lol? I'd cite all the great artists he has collaborated with or soundtracks he has been on but pretty sure you wouldn't have heard of those either.

Good job having an iPod though lol :scratch:

Can either of you old timers name one DJ lol? I'd cite all the great artists he has collaborated with or soundtracks he has been on but pretty sure you wouldn't have heard of those either.

Of course I have an iPod; unfortunately it's the old 78rpm model; I'm saving up for a new 33 1/3rpm model though! ;) I don't think that age is really a factor. There are many current artists with which I am familiar, however they're ones who perform in the genres that I enjoy, and while I don't normally 'judge books by their covers' I suspect I am safe in assuming that someone who would vomit champagne over his audience is probably NOT someone whose music I would enjoy.

Of course I have an iPod; unfortunately it's the old 78rpm model; I'm saving up for a new 33 1/3rpm model though! ;) I don't think that age is really a factor. There are many current artists with which I am familiar, however they're ones who perform in the genres that I enjoy, and while I don't normally 'judge books by their covers' I suspect I am safe in assuming that someone who would vomit champagne over his audience is probably NOT someone whose music I would enjoy.

Most people just use their phones now ;-)

The best XcameraX Music player is the one you have on you

<sarcasm>Glad you posted into a thread about stuff you aren't interested in, to say you aren't interested with it. Wish everyone would do that, these forums would be so much better.</sarcasm>

Vomiting would indicate that the liquid had hit his digestive tract already no?

It's all just noise to me.

Vomiting would indicate that the liquid had hit his digestive tract already no?
Strictly speaking, yes; hard to imagine why else it would be "being released"...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back