Pain in the neck!

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Arrrrgh! :grumpy: About a month ago I undertook the task of repainting the interior walls. Wanting something a little different than the usual paint/texture, I opted for the Venetian Plaster. The end results are wonderful but the application of it drives me nuts! It's ever so slow!!! I just finished the 2nd layer in one room and it needs a 3rd one. I'm sure I'll finish it by the end of April or so.

Anyone done this technique willing to share some tips?

mentos_007 said:
no... but I may help you :D

:D :D :D :D

Thanks mentos, today must be my beautiful-Polish-ladies day! I just had dinner with a whole bunch of colleagues between shows and one of them is a beautiful Polish lady violinist.

But... on a serious note, I need all the help I can. So, without any further ado, c'mon over and help, will ya? ;)

Venetian plaster?
Three layers?
Any examples of what it is supposed to look like?

And do you mean to say that it is the figurative pain in the neck?
For I feared you were having a real pain there, literally, which is the kind of pain I hate to no end, for it is usually combined with a terrible headache and yes, well, headaches are the worst.

LaFoto said:
Venetian plaster?
Three layers?
Any examples of what it is supposed to look like?

And do you mean to say that it is the figurative pain in the neck?
For I feared you were having a real pain there, literally, which is the kind of pain I hate to no end, for it is usually combined with a terrible headache and yes, well, headaches are the worst.

Well, the whole technique consists of painting the walls with a trowel while leaving some areas unpainted. Second layer is done 24 hrs later and with the trowel as well, at a different angle and this time covering the unpainted areas. After another 24 hrs the wall needs to be sanded with 400 or 600 grit sand paper and then cleaned with a wet sponge or rag. Another 24 hrs go by and the final layer is done, also with the trowel, filling in any areas that might need it. Yet another 24 hrs later another sanding, cleaning with a wet sponge. Next day is the final step, burnishing with the edge of the trowel.

As this wasn't enough, I have walls that go as high as 14 feet and then I need the ladder which kind of puts a strain on the back. Although I experience no headaches or real neck pains...;)

Here's an example:

Venetian.jpg

It looks awesome! :thumbup:

I want to re-do my upstairs hallway and my kitchen. Since you have experience now, are you contracting out? :mrgreen: I can serve you world-class wine, and you can make fun of my Polaroid collection in between coats. How's that for payment - are ya in??? :thumbup:

terri said:

I want to re-do my upstairs hallway and my kitchen. Since you have experience now, are you contracting out? :mrgreen: I can serve you world-class wine, and you can make fun of my Polaroid collection in between coats. How's that for payment - are ya in??? :thumbup:

The words "nice try" come to mind! :lol:

I've had a crack at that style of painting, only I was using a sponge instead of a trowel - sanding it was a pain because you had to be mindful that you didn't press too hard or spend too long in one area, the job was 2 bedrooms roughly 3 x 4 meters but it took me and another guy a week to do both rooms instead of 2 days because his wife is a bloody perfectionist! :grumpy:

Mitica: Try painting a concrete wall with Acryillic using a roller where the wall has depressions that you have to go back and touch up....this was the restaurant that I work at and that was a massive job. :confused:

terri said:

OK, I'm in! A bottle of Chateau Margaux 1964 will do fine. ;) How'z that? :lmao:

Xmetal said:
Mitica: Try painting a concrete wall with Acryillic using a roller where the wall has depressions that you have to go back and touch up....this was the restaurant that I work at and that was a massive job. :confused:

Good idea! I'll definitely do it. Thanks XM !;)

Most reactions

Back