Paint and water

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by SkyscraperSunset, Jul 15, 2005.

1. SkyscraperSunset

SkyscraperSunset TPF Noob!

2. Pensquared4life

Pensquared4life TPF Noob!

I think this is a great idea and an even greater picture. The one thing that bothers me though is that the drops in the 2nd 3rd and 4th frames are a little blurry.

3. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

Great idea for a quadtych (if that's the right term!). I'm into lining things up, and the glasses aren't quite lined up. It's more noticeable in the last two as the shadow has that line in it. I'd be tempted to tweak the brightness/contrast ever so slightly to get a bit more cheerfulness into it - I thought it was "blood is thicker than water" at first! And whilst I'm here, the background could be a bit more lit up perhaps?

Good attempt though - hope you didn't get paint on yourself.

Rob

4. opaldoll

opaldoll TPF Noob!

I like the effect, though to me it's somewhat lost by using a glass without straight sides. The ripple is more distracting than a clean line would be.

5. SkyscraperSunset

SkyscraperSunset TPF Noob!

Thanks for your comments guys.

I was shooting as fast as I possibly could, so there wasn't much chance to stop the drips any more than they already were. But I could sharpen the edges and remove some of the blurs a little bit.

I do plan on reassembling the whole thing from the originals again, and I definitely need to get them all lined up, clean up the splatters in the background, and brighten the background a little bit.

Unfortunately that type was the best clear glass I had. Nothing without ridges, although I did consider using a wine glass.