Painted bunting

squirl033

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This seems to be the year for unusual visitors to the Seattle/Puget Sound area. We've had a young hooded oriole, a yellow-bellied sapsucker, a swallow-tailed gull, and now a painted bunting! These colorful little birds are native to the deep south, breeding in the southeastern US and wintering in Central America. What this little fella is doing in THIS part of the country is anyone's guess, but getting a chance to see him first hand and get photos as well (even if he IS on a feeder!) is a real thrill!

IMG_2726_crop_filtered1_sm.jpg

Very nice capture. I have seen them in Florida, but would wonder how this one got to your part of the world - strong winds?

WesternGuy

Beautiful and interesting

Great shot beautiful colors! Poor little guy is lost. Hopefully he’ll hit the road and get south for the winter.

What a beautiful bird!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'm in the SE USA and have never seen one, so you are indeed lucky! A nice capture, glad you were able to act quickly. It's so nice you have a feeder out there - he is clearly out of his range and at least he has a food source until he winds his way back south.

Most reactions

Back