Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Evening peoples.

I'm in a little bit of a dilemna at the moment. :???: I'm repainting my bedroom tomorrow because we're getting new carpet layed sometime this week. Anyway, figured it'd be better to paint before the new carpet's put down.

But how to paint it?! :confused: I've picked a blue that I like, sorta darkish, but not a dark blue, but not baby blue and slightly slightly purplish. I thought I might do that weird sponging thing with the two different colours, so I also picked up a sample pot of a lighter blue and I've been trying different combinations of that all night.

Anyway, I've decided that sponging isn't an option because it looks like **** when I do it. I wanna keep the room light and big looking coz the room can get pretty dark and does get pretty full with furniture.

So can you suggest anything to try? or maybe just describe what your room is painted like so that gives me more ideas?

I'm going to be getting new curtains too so I don't have to match to anything, except pine coloured furniture which is pretty easy. Carpet is also going to be a light creamish colour.

here's what i did with mine. i like it but it was a hell of a job masking off and painting the stripes, i admit that the furniture in it makes it look a bit like a playground but i like it :D

room2.jpg

i saw it on trading spaces a couple of years ago and decided to try it with my room and i think it came out pretty well but it did take a long time to mask off.

Wow.. that looks awesome! But i think that's a little tooo adventurous for me... either that or just too much work. :blushing:

I did however find a site www.603010.com.au where they find out your colour profile by asking you a bunch of questions about colours you like. But then the cool bit is it gives you a bunch of rooms all painted in different ways. Great site. have a look if you want.

Meysha said:
Wow.. that looks awesome! But i think that's a little tooo adventurous for me... either that or just too much work. :blushing:

I did however find a site www.603010.com.au where they find out your colour profile by asking you a bunch of questions about colours you like. But then the cool bit is it gives you a bunch of rooms all painted in different ways. Great site. have a look if you want.

that was fun, my color is urban stone which i found i like the color choices a lot!

I got Urban Stone as well! I loove that sort of greeny/black look to rooms. But I actually picked something out of Ruby Star -> Number 5 to be exact.
I reckon it'll look pretty cool in my room. But I'm gonna change the colours slightly. I'm gonna make the darker purple not so muddy coloured and the lighter purple a bit darker just coz of the way the lighting in my room affects the colours.

Yippeeee!! I'm off to buy paint tomorrow morning!! :cheer: hehhe - i might even set up the camera on a tripod and take some photos throughout the ordeal. hehehe should make a fun series!

*grabs the paintroller and plasters Vicky with paint*

That's one Wall, now for the rest of the family. :mrgreen:

I'm here all week. :lol:

Ha ha ha.... yes... like I haven't heard that before.... :roll:

Actually.. funny thing happened once. You know that prank call where you ring up and say is Mr Wall there?.... is Mrs Wall there? and usually the people say No and then the prank caller says "Well how's the roof staying up?" hehehe

Well once someone rang us at about 3am and mum answered the phone. The guy on the other end says "Is Mr Wall there?" and so of course mum reaches over and tries to wake up Dad.... hehehe so of course the poor guy on the other end of the phone had no idea what was going on and we ruined his poor little joke. :-( ....... :lol:

That site is neat! I came out as Desert Spice and the color we painted the kitchen fits that. My office and the hallway are in the Forest Garden palette.

I fall off the norm here! :)

I painted my master bedroom in Venetian yellow. It looks very cheerful and gives an optimistic feel to it. I'll try to post a pic. when I return to Phoenix.

Well... i dunno what sort of colour venetian yellow is. But I painted my parents bedroom with alternating walls Bright bright yellow and bright bright blue. It's fun!

Well I'm off to the paint store now... wish me luck!!

ooooh ooooohhhh pick me, pick me!!!!

Okay, have you seen princess diaries? On there, they stick waterballoons full of paint on a board, and throw darts at it, you could do this to your wall. (And you wouldnt have to worry about getting paint on the carpet.

Or you could just throw the waterballoons at the wall...

OMG... I wanna do this but mum won't let me. hmph.

You know... I thought about doing that... coz I actually watched Princess Diaries today. :shock: (I'm not saying that proudly :lol: )

But I would love to do that... and definately will when I get my own house one day.

I did my own room. One wall is Sea Breeze (I think) which is a deep blue and the other three are Honey something..., a nice warm yellow. I did all that brush stroke stuff on the yellow and ragged the blue. It's easier than you think. Go to the paint section in the DIY shop and look at the paint brushes/tools part. In there you'll find something I can't remember the name of. :oops: It's an opaque white liquid which dries clear. Add it to your normal paint and it'll make it slightly wetter, but also increase the drying time so that you can work with the paint. You can also buy it mixed in with the colours like I did with the yellow.
Oh, and paint the wall with a flat colour first because it will show through. I used boring old white to lighten the colours. You could use something which contrasts with the top colour if you want. Yeah, I'll let you. ;)

Oh, and I'm Summer Zest apparently. Looks like I picked my own colours well. :mrgreen:

Apparently I'm water beads, which is all about blues and water and beahes, which fits quite nicely as all the rooms in my flat are decorated around a creme and blue theme.

I like big bold designs when it comes to wall painting. Many a time I've been very tempted to try and mask off a big modern looking shape on one of my lounge walls which are creme and paint it blue. I might get round to it one day.

Welllll..... I painted it.... and weelll... i don't really like it. :-( I mean.. it's ok. It just isn't exactly what I wanted. The green's come out a little more mustard looking but the purples are great. hmmm... i'm still debating whether I redo the green. I think I probably will. And I might do that brushy thing you said pete.

Most reactions

Back