Painting with light in an abandoned warehouse

Another few from the same night, not as good but semi-interesting:

39201_424339021911_500091911_4766756_7205975_n.jpg

O hay

38569_424339066911_500091911_4766759_6993517_n.jpg

youtube "painting with light" and you'll see a whole new meaning of this. Now that's what I call art! Sorry yours is ok, not doing much for me though.

youtube "painting with light" and you'll see a whole new meaning of this. Now that's what I call art! Sorry yours is ok, not doing much for me though.

If you're referring to the second hit, that's essentially just creating a controlled HDR photo. That's not at all similar to what I was doing, but whatever.

That's not at all similar to what I was doing, but whatever.

You got that right! That's nothing like what you did but that is what is called "painting with light" where yours is more of "playing with light" and to be honest, it's nothing creative. Its just like looking at another post that ways "flowres". Not trying to pick a fight. Just giving you my opinion.

Love the way the light comes off her hair in the first set. It's missing that in the second ones. :wink:

That's not at all similar to what I was doing, but whatever.

You got that right! That's nothing like what you did but that is what is called "painting with light" where yours is more of "playing with light" and to be honest, it's nothing creative. Its just like looking at another post that ways "flowres". Not trying to pick a fight. Just giving you my opinion.

Hm, weird. Because when I see a painting, I look for movement in the brush strokes and the intricacies therein. The video you posted had none of that. While he made for a wonderfully exposed, and colorful scene, it's not what I would consider "painting". It's painting in the same way lighting a studio shot is, I guess. Just doing it through exposure stacking and layer blending. Where as all the light I captured occurred in one exposure (canvas) that was 30 seconds.

I don't know. Seems easy to understand for me.

Hm, weird. Because when I see a painting, I look for movement in the brush strokes and the intricacies therein. The video you posted had none of that. While he made for a wonderfully exposed, and colorful scene, it's not what I would consider "painting". It's painting in the same way lighting a studio shot is, I guess. Just doing it through exposure stacking and layer blending. Where as all the light I captured occurred in one exposure (canvas) that was 30 seconds.

I don't know. Seems easy to understand for me.

Actually painting means:

• The process, art, or occupation of coating surfaces with paint for a utilitarian or artistic effect.
  • A picture or design in paint.
I don't see any paint in your images. So really, you've got the whole concept of "painting" wrong.
Neither is his on youtube I guess. But the point was simply, that that's what I was expecting to see. That's all.

I'm deeply saddened that I disappointed you.

:lmao: You are not. You're proud of the shots and you should be cause they are neato.

They can both be called "painting with light", IMO. However, there's no comparison between them. Apples and oranges. I like both styles; an interesting video, and an equally interesting picture.

Most of these "painting with light" shots I see I consider rather nifty but that's generally about it. The silhouette really adds to it and I really dig the end product. Speaking of product, this would make a great ad if the light were spelling a product or brand name or even a band name.

Most reactions

Back