Painting with light

crawdaddio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all. I just got a remote release so now I can take long exposures. Yay! My first (amateurish) attempts at 'painting with light'. I've read about this technique, and it can result in some really sweet effects. I left the shutter open at f16 for anywhere from 45 sec. to 1.5 minutes in a totally dark room (my bathroom) and splashed the desired ares with a flashlight. I can foresee alot of fun in the future with this style.

Thanks for looking.

lightpaintbrushes.jpg

dclightpaint.jpg

:meh::confused::meh:

i see you have the same problem as we with those old type toothbrush holders :)

the last is pretty cool!

Very nice... I wonder if one could try it with different colored lights. I found a website where he took long exposers outside at night to catch the ambient light. Could this technique be used indoors do you think? Like a different colored light placed maybe on the other side of the shower curtain? Maybe extend the exposer time to closer to 3 mintues and show maybe the same object with different colors of light and different angles. I think the result will be fantastic and interesting. It has been something that I've wanted to try but I don't have a remote release.

But either way, very intriguing pics.

-Fiona

Most reactions

Back